Closed Bug 900430 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago

Should be able to Tab complete and cycle through the completion suggestions in the markup view.

Categories

(DevTools :: Inspector, defect)

x86_64
Windows 7
defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED
Firefox 26

People

(Reporter: Optimizer, Assigned: Optimizer)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file, 1 obsolete file)

When editing the style attribute in markup view, you get CSS properties and values suggestions. The suggestions in the popup can be cycles throug husing up/down arrows, but you have to press right arrow to complete that property and keep typing. In rule view, it makes direct sense to press TAB key to complete the selected suggestino and move on to the next editor, but in markup view, you have to remain in the same editor . Currently, take the following example:

style="di|

where the cursor is '|' . The user will now have a popup giving the following suggestions : "direction" and "display". Now the user shold be able to press tab once to complete to "direction" and one more time to cycle to "display" without leaving the editor as he has to now write the value of the property "display".
Attached patch patch v0.1 (obsolete) — Splinter Review
Assignee: nobody → scrapmachines
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #786828 - Flags: review?(mratcliffe)
Does this also work when adding mulotiple attributes in the markup view?

Say you have the following attribute:
style="display:none;"

Well, you can edit display:none and change it to:
display:none;" collapsed="true"

So do the suggestions work when adding new attributes in this way?
(In reply to Michael Ratcliffe [:miker] [:mratcliffe] from comment #2)
> Does this also work when adding mulotiple attributes in the markup view?
> 
> Say you have the following attribute:
> style="display:none;"
> 
> Well, you can edit display:none and change it to:
> display:none;" collapsed="true"
> 
> So do the suggestions work when adding new attributes in this way?

If by work you mean "Should not show suggestion when cursor is in the collapsed=\"true\" area", then no. It still shows suggestions. I should probably fix that in a followup. I tested for 

display: none" foobar

and 

display: none " foobar "

which does not create a new attribute, forgot to test something like

display: none " foobar = " "
Comment on attachment 786828 [details] [diff] [review]
patch v0.1

Review of attachment 786828 [details] [diff] [review]:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

(In reply to Girish Sharma [:Optimizer] from comment #3)
> (In reply to Michael Ratcliffe [:miker] [:mratcliffe] from comment #2)
> > Does this also work when adding mulotiple attributes in the markup view?
> > 
> > Say you have the following attribute:
> > style="display:none;"
> > 
> > Well, you can edit display:none and change it to:
> > display:none;" collapsed="true"
> > 
> > So do the suggestions work when adding new attributes in this way?
> 
> If by work you mean "Should not show suggestion when cursor is in the
> collapsed=\"true\" area", then no. It still shows suggestions. I should
> probably fix that in a followup. I tested for 
> 
> display: none" foobar
> 
> and 
> 
> display: none " foobar "
> 
> which does not create a new attribute, forgot to test something like
> 
> display: none " foobar = " "

In that case please log a follow up bug so that it will work in that situation.
Attachment #786828 - Flags: review?(mratcliffe) → review+
(In reply to Michael Ratcliffe [:miker] [:mratcliffe] from comment #4)

> In that case please log a follow up bug so that it will work in that
> situation.

The desired behavior is to not show suggestions in this case, right ?
Some failures: https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=2cc8027604dd trying to see why they are happening.
Attached patch rebased patchSplinter Review
Rebased on latest fx-team.

multiple green trys :
https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=51663149477a
https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Try&rev=a8af567e17aa
Attachment #786828 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #805011 - Flags: review+
landed in fx-team: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/fx-team/rev/ab2036982463
Whiteboard: [fixed-in-fx-team]
(In reply to Michael Ratcliffe [:miker] [:mratcliffe] from comment #4)
> In that case please log a follow up bug so that it will work in that
> situation.

filed bug 916582
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/ab2036982463
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Flags: in-testsuite+
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Whiteboard: [fixed-in-fx-team]
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 26
Product: Firefox → DevTools
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.