Win32 (2001-07-10-05-0.9.2) This problem occurs occasionally. Within the same build, sometimes it finds the Outlook Address Book, sometimes it does NOT. Esther and I don't know if it is the OS problem or the Application problem. When it happens in yesterday's build, I waited a little while and tried it again. And it imports OK. In today's build, I tried many time, still see this bug. Steps: 1. Select Address Book File|Import, 2. In the Import dialog, Click on Next (Address Book is checked). 2. Select Outlook from the Netscape 6 Import Wizard and click Next. Actual result: Message "No address books were found to import" is display in the text box. Expected result: Should display the Outlook Address Book in the text box. Both Esther and I have seen this a few weeks ago. We were unable to isolate the problem but then within the same build, it went away. So, I did not log a bug report.
At 1:51 p.m., only a few minutes later, using the same build, I try it again. It shows: "Addess were successfully imported from Outlook" "Import address book contacts" appears in the box. I click Finish, the Outlook address book has been imported.
This bug is critical, per Esther, we should mark it nsbeta1 because it makes Import non-useful. See bug 80446.
Candice, any ideas on this?
It never happen on my Win2000. I have tried on my WIn NT before and didn't see this problem. One time I had trouble (not the same as this bug) with it because Outlook is not my default Mail Client. After I play around with the Outlook (I forgot what I did), the problem went away.
cc to Kevin Murray and add this to release note per Esther.,paw
Jatin, your best attempt at a relnote would be appreciated.
I have already put this in the release note.
Using both the trunk and the branch (the 15th build), and Outlook 2000 on an Windows 2000 machine, File | Import | Address Books was unable to find any Outlook addressbook.
This is still working for me using 15th branch build and my debugging trunk build on Win2000 machine. I have MS Outlook 2000 SR-1 (126.96.36.19921).
Candice, what about a release build?
It works for me when using 7-16 trunk release build. The branch build I used is 15th branch release build.
OK, putterman and I figured out how to make it work. The answer is that you MUST have the default mail client set to "Microsoft Outlook" in the MS Internet Explorer. Here is how to do this: 1. Launch Internet Explorer. 2. Goto Tools | Internet Options to launch the Internet Options dialog. 3. Click on Programs tab and select "Microsoft Outlook" as the default E-mail client. 4. Hit OK and exit Explorer. After this is done importing addressbook and mail from Outlook works nicely for me. I think this what Candice did when she said that she had to change something to make it work. Ninoschka, can you verify that your default email client is not "Microsoft Outlook" (and that's why it did not work) and try the import with "Microsoft Outlook" to see if it works for you?
Branch build 2001-07-17-05: WinMe Internet Explorer showed that my default email application was Netscape. I changed it to Outlook tried importing again but receive the same error. I'm using Outlook 98 and Cavin is running Outlook 2000. Fenella, can you try this again? Also what version of Outlook are you running?
I reinstalled Outlook 98 on my WinMe system. Now I am able to import Outlook 98 Mail and the Address Book.
Using Cavin's instruction, I am able to import Outlook using this build Win32 (2001-07-18-05-0.9.2) Mark it worksforme.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Forgot to mention this yesterday: 4.x had the exact same problem.
Cavin's instruction has been included into the release note.
Release note: bug 90577
I successfully imported about 65 Contacts from Outlook 2000 on a Win2k machine - however, I had three personal Mailing Lists and although the list name was imported, none of the list members showed up. - perhaps this should be a new bug.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.