Status

()

Firefox for Android
Awesomescreen
P1
normal
VERIFIED FIXED
4 years ago
4 months ago

People

(Reporter: Lauren, Unassigned)

Tracking

(Blocks: 1 bug)

Trunk
All
Android
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(8 attachments, 1 obsolete attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

4 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.69 Safari/537.36

Steps to reproduce:

RTL support for the tab tray. Blocks bug 702845
(Reporter)

Updated

4 years ago
Blocks: 702845
Depends on: 924418
(Reporter)

Updated

4 years ago
OS: Mac OS X → Android
Hardware: x86 → All
Version: Firefox 27 → Trunk

Updated

4 years ago
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true

Updated

4 years ago
Blocks: 928663
(Reporter)

Comment 1

4 years ago
Created attachment 819417 [details]
work in progress
(Reporter)

Comment 2

4 years ago
Created attachment 819419 [details]
work in progress

this patch mirrors the tab tray for mobile in rtl, but keeps the tab tray on the left for tablet landscape in rtl.
Attachment #819417 - Attachment is obsolete: true

Comment 3

4 years ago
Created attachment 824365 [details] [diff] [review]
TabTray.patch

I fixed the icon alignment to your patch. :-)
Attachment #824365 - Flags: feedback?

Updated

4 years ago
Attachment #824365 - Flags: feedback? → review?(mark.finkle)

Updated

4 years ago
Attachment #824365 - Flags: review?(mark.finkle) → review?(sriram)

Updated

4 years ago
Attachment #824365 - Flags: review?(sriram)
(Reporter)

Comment 4

4 years ago
Created attachment 831048 [details]
xlarge bug
(Reporter)

Comment 5

4 years ago
Created attachment 831110 [details]
xlarge bug - portrait
(Reporter)

Comment 6

4 years ago
Created attachment 831111 [details]
xlarge bug - landscape
No longer depends on: 924418
Priority: -- → P1

Updated

9 months ago
QA Contact: ioana.chiorean

Comment 7

6 months ago
Checking on a mobile phone (NOT tablet), it seems perfectly RTL'd in latest Nightly builds.
Other users may need to verify this is fixed also on tablets.
Hi Ioana and Sorina ,

would you please help us verify this RTL support on Fennec after Bug 1319302 is already resolved fixed ? 
Could you help us create the complete RTL test cases  and its corresponding wiki test page for tracking ?
Or did you already have the wiki page for RTL test plan on Fennec ?

Thank you very much !
Flags: needinfo?(sorina.florean)
Flags: needinfo?(ioana.chiorean)

Comment 9

6 months ago
Created attachment 8816043 [details]
Mobile-landscape(fixed).png

Comment 10

6 months ago
Created attachment 8816044 [details]
Tablet-fa(fixed).png

Comment 11

6 months ago
(In reply to Rachelle Yang [:ryang][ryang@mozilla.com] from comment #8)
> Hi Ioana and Sorina ,
> 
> would you please help us verify this RTL support on Fennec after Bug 1319302
> is already resolved fixed ? 
> Could you help us create the complete RTL test cases  and its corresponding
> wiki test page for tracking ?
> Or did you already have the wiki page for RTL test plan on Fennec ?
> 
> Thank you very much !

Hi,
It seems fixed on the Mobile and Tablet in both rotations.

Bests,
Reza.

Comment 12

6 months ago
(In reply to Reza (rehb) from comment #11)
> (In reply to Rachelle Yang [:ryang][ryang@mozilla.com] from comment #8)
> > Hi Ioana and Sorina ,
> > 
> > would you please help us verify this RTL support on Fennec after Bug 1319302
> > is already resolved fixed ? 
> > Could you help us create the complete RTL test cases  and its corresponding
> > wiki test page for tracking ?
> > Or did you already have the wiki page for RTL test plan on Fennec ?
> > 
> > Thank you very much !
> 
> Hi,
> It seems fixed on the Mobile and Tablet in both rotations.
> 
> Bests,
> Reza.

According to your screenshots, it seems it is NOT fixed?
Flags: needinfo?(reza.habibi2008)

Comment 13

6 months ago
(In reply to ItielMaN from comment #12)
> (In reply to Reza (rehb) from comment #11)
> > (In reply to Rachelle Yang [:ryang][ryang@mozilla.com] from comment #8)
> > > Hi Ioana and Sorina ,
> > > 
> > > would you please help us verify this RTL support on Fennec after Bug 1319302
> > > is already resolved fixed ? 
> > > Could you help us create the complete RTL test cases  and its corresponding
> > > wiki test page for tracking ?
> > > Or did you already have the wiki page for RTL test plan on Fennec ?
> > > 
> > > Thank you very much !
> > 
> > Hi,
> > It seems fixed on the Mobile and Tablet in both rotations.
> > 
> > Bests,
> > Reza.
> 
> According to your screenshots, it seems it is NOT fixed?

1- Text and close icon fixed.
2- Border overflow[1]==>fixed [2].
3- The only problem is to arrange of tab[3] that belongs to other Bug.



1- https://bug925108.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=831048
2- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8816043
3- https://bug925108.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8816044

Comment 14

6 months ago
(In reply to Reza (rehb) from comment #13)
> 1- Text and close icon fixed.
> 2- Border overflow[1]==>fixed [2].
> 3- The only problem is to arrange of tab[3] that belongs to other Bug.
> 
> 
> 
> 1- https://bug925108.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=831048
> 2- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8816043
> 3- https://bug925108.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8816044

According to your screenshots it seems either Persian builds aren't RTL yet, or you have an outdated Nightly build.
I can't see any RTL in these images.

See attached screenshot with PERFECT RTL changes.
Flags: needinfo?(reza.habibi2008)

Comment 15

6 months ago
Created attachment 8816252 [details]
RTL'd tab tray

Updated

6 months ago
Flags: needinfo?(reza.habibi2008)

Comment 16

6 months ago
Tested with Arabic looks as attachment 8816252 [details], which is what I’d expect.

Comment 17

6 months ago
(In reply to Khaled Hosny from comment #16)
> Tested with Arabic looks as attachment 8816252 [details], which is what I’d
> expect.

Did you test it on a tablet device by any chance?

Comment 18

6 months ago
(In reply to ItielMaN from comment #14)
> (In reply to Reza (rehb) from comment #13)
> > 1- Text and close icon fixed.
> > 2- Border overflow[1]==>fixed [2].
> > 3- The only problem is to arrange of tab[3] that belongs to other Bug.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 1- https://bug925108.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=831048
> > 2- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8816043
> > 3- https://bug925108.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8816044
> 
> According to your screenshots it seems either Persian builds aren't RTL yet,
> or you have an outdated Nightly build.
> I can't see any RTL in these images.
> 
> See attached screenshot with PERFECT RTL changes.

I updated the Night build version and Yes, Persian builds that I installed aren't RTL yet in some parts.

Comment 19

6 months ago
(In reply to ItielMaN from comment #17)
> (In reply to Khaled Hosny from comment #16)
> > Tested with Arabic looks as attachment 8816252 [details], which is what I’d
> > expect.
> 
> Did you test it on a tablet device by any chance?

Looks the same on tablet.
Hi all,

Tested and verified RTL support for tab tray on latest Nightly (Arabic) and the results are here:
Phone:
- LG G4 (Android 5.1) - https://i.imgur.com/nRlMnwV.png
- Lenovo A536 (Android 4.4.2) - https://i.imgur.com/7ldVdlP.png
Tablet:
- Nexus 9 (Android 7.0) - https://i.imgur.com/N7DwvGQ.png
- Asus ZenPad 8 (Android 6.0.1) - https://i.imgur.com/SqsBghh.png.
Flags: needinfo?(sorina.florean)

Comment 21

6 months ago
(In reply to Sorina Florean [:sorina] from comment #20)
> Hi all,
> 
> Tested and verified RTL support for tab tray on latest Nightly (Arabic) and
> the results are here:
> Phone:
> - LG G4 (Android 5.1) - https://i.imgur.com/nRlMnwV.png
> - Lenovo A536 (Android 4.4.2) - https://i.imgur.com/7ldVdlP.png
> Tablet:
> - Nexus 9 (Android 7.0) - https://i.imgur.com/N7DwvGQ.png
> - Asus ZenPad 8 (Android 6.0.1) - https://i.imgur.com/SqsBghh.png.

Thanks Sorina, but if accounting for your screenshot from bug 924699 (https://i.imgur.com/t6qFFGN.png), the opened tab there isn't RTL'd. It should be aligned to the right (though, I'm not sure if the New Tab button ("+") should also be aligned to the right).

Comment 22

6 months ago
(In reply to ItielMaN from comment #21)
> (In reply to Sorina Florean [:sorina] from comment #20)
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > Tested and verified RTL support for tab tray on latest Nightly (Arabic) and
> > the results are here:
> > Phone:
> > - LG G4 (Android 5.1) - https://i.imgur.com/nRlMnwV.png
> > - Lenovo A536 (Android 4.4.2) - https://i.imgur.com/7ldVdlP.png
> > Tablet:
> > - Nexus 9 (Android 7.0) - https://i.imgur.com/N7DwvGQ.png
> > - Asus ZenPad 8 (Android 6.0.1) - https://i.imgur.com/SqsBghh.png.
> 
> Thanks Sorina, but if accounting for your screenshot from bug 924699
> (https://i.imgur.com/t6qFFGN.png), the opened tab there isn't RTL'd. It
> should be aligned to the right (though, I'm not sure if the New Tab button
> ("+") should also be aligned to the right).

‌Based on this Review [1] I think the New tab button from this screenshot[2]is RTL.

1 -https://bug702845.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8787324
2-https://i.imgur.com/t6qFFGN.png

Comment 23

6 months ago
(In reply to Reza (rehb) from comment #22)
> ‌Based on this Review [1] I think the New tab button from this
> screenshot[2]is RTL.
> 
> 1 -https://bug702845.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8787324
> 2-https://i.imgur.com/t6qFFGN.png

Hmm, thanks for pointing this out. Didn't know how it looked on tablets with LTR builds.

Comment 24

5 months ago
This bug is fixed by Bug 1317466, replacing TwoWayView with RecyclerView.
Depends on: 1317446
Flags: needinfo?(itiel_yn8)

Comment 25

5 months ago
Sorina, can you please verify this is fixed on your Nexus 9 (Android 7.0) device? (see comment 21)
Thank you.
Flags: needinfo?(itiel_yn8) → needinfo?(sorina.florean)
Hi,

Tested with Nexus 9 (Android 7.0) on latest Nightly (2016-12-28) AR language. Here is the screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/voAuVXL.png.
Flags: needinfo?(sorina.florean)

Comment 27

5 months ago
(In reply to Sorina Florean [:sorina] from comment #26)
> Hi,
> 
> Tested with Nexus 9 (Android 7.0) on latest Nightly (2016-12-28) AR
> language. Here is the screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/voAuVXL.png.

Thanks Sorina, looking good.
I don't see any other bugs with the tab tray, closing as RESOLVED FIXED.
Feel free to reopen if you think otherwise.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 months ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Updated

5 months ago
Flags: needinfo?(reza.habibi2008)

Comment 28

4 months ago
Per previous comments, I will set the bug as verified fixed.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Flags: needinfo?(ioana.chiorean)
Blocks: 1319302
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.