Closed Bug 944230 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago

[DSDS] When inserted VIBO operator SIM in slot 0, another different SIM in slot 1, operator name of both SIM in SIM manager are all VIBO.

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: Gaia::System, defect)

x86_64
Gonk (Firefox OS)
defect
Not set

Tracking

(blocking-b2g:1.3+, firefox29 fixed, b2g-v1.3 verified)

VERIFIED FIXED
1.3 C1/1.4 S1(20dec)
blocking-b2g 1.3+
Tracking Status
firefox29 --- fixed
b2g-v1.3 --- verified

People

(Reporter: echu, Assigned: arthurcc)

References

Details

(Whiteboard: [dsds_US_test])

Attachments

(3 files)

When inserted VIBO operator SIM in slot 0, another different SIM in slot 1, operator name of both SIM in SIM manager are all VIBO.

* Build Number                
Gaia:     03e6e87c7e1b740e2968bbab675600ead2cca84a
Gecko:    7d81d80a3caee905309f61e5696afaab5b9d4f08
BuildID   20131128093540
Version   28.0a1

* Reproduce Steps
1. Insert VIBO SIM in slot 0.
2. Insert either CHT or TCC SIM in slot 1.
3. Check SIM manager.

* Expected Result
name of SIM 1 is VIBO and another one is for another operator.

* Actual Result
Both shows VIBO operator(威寶電信)

* Occurrence rate
100%
blocking-b2g: --- → 1.3?
Whiteboard: [dsds_US_test]
Attached image screen shot
The root cause of the problem with not showing the right operator name for SIM_2 seems the same as Bug 944234.

However from the log I noticed two potential errors:
1) error on parsing ICC information
==============
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Handling parcel as REQUEST_SIM_IO
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: SPN: spn = 威寶電信, spnDisplayCondition = 0
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Parcel handling threw TypeError: RIL.operator is null
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): updateDisplayCondition@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:12526
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): callback@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11477
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): processICCIOReadBinary@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11301
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): ICC_COMMAND_READ_BINARY@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11335
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): processICCIO@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11071
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): REQUEST_SIM_IO@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:5263
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): handleParcel@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:4885
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): processParcel@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:149
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): processIncoming@blob:20620634-c668-4585-ac92-4d20b92f204e:536
11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): onRILMessage@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:13555

2) TCC sim card is inserted into the 2nd slot; however, there's STK command for TCC has been sent to RIL Worker[0]
============
RIL Worker[0]: Received chrome message {"resultCode":0,"command":{"commandNumber":1,"typeOfCommand":37,"commandQualifier":0,"rilMessageType":"stkcommand","options":{"title":"台灣大哥大服務","items":[{"identifier":1,"text":"電話簿備份"},{"identifier":10,"text":"基本通話服務"},{"identifier":11,"text":"行動加值"},{"identifier":12,"text":"國際漫遊服務"},{"identifier":13,"text":"客戶服務"}],"presentationType":0}},"rilMessageToken":6,"rilMessageType":"sendStkTerminalResponse"}
11-28 11:29:13.340 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: New outgoing parcel of type 70
11-28 11:29:13.350 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Outgoing parcel: 0,0,0,64,70,0,0,0,43,0,0,0,24,0,0,0,56,0,49,0,48,0,51,0,48,0,49,0,50,0,53,0,48,0,48,0,48,0,50,0,48,0,50,0,56,0,50,0,56,0,49,0,56,0,51,0,48,0,49,0,48,0,48,0,0,0,0,0
(In reply to Hsin-Yi Tsai  [:hsinyi] from comment #2)
> However from the log I noticed two potential errors:
> 1) error on parsing ICC information
> ==============
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Handling parcel as
> REQUEST_SIM_IO
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: SPN: spn = 威寶電信,
> spnDisplayCondition = 0
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Parcel handling threw
> TypeError: RIL.operator is null
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> updateDisplayCondition@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:12526
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> callback@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11477
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> processICCIOReadBinary@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11301
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> ICC_COMMAND_READ_BINARY@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11335
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> processICCIO@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:11071
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> REQUEST_SIM_IO@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:5263
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> handleParcel@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:4885
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> processParcel@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:149
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> processIncoming@blob:20620634-c668-4585-ac92-4d20b92f204e:536
> 11-28 11:29:05.900 I/Gecko   (  106):
> onRILMessage@resource://gre/modules/ril_worker.js:13555
> 
I will file a new bug for this error.

> 2) TCC sim card is inserted into the 2nd slot; however, there's STK command
> for TCC has been sent to RIL Worker[0]
> ============
> RIL Worker[0]: Received chrome message
> {"resultCode":0,"command":{"commandNumber":1,"typeOfCommand":37,
> "commandQualifier":0,"rilMessageType":"stkcommand","options":{"title":
> "台灣大哥大服務","items":[{"identifier":1,"text":"電話簿備份"},{"identifier":10,"text":
> "基本通話服務"},{"identifier":11,"text":"行動加值"},{"identifier":12,"text":"國際漫遊服務"},
> {"identifier":13,"text":"客戶服務"}],"presentationType":0}},"rilMessageToken":6,
> "rilMessageType":"sendStkTerminalResponse"}
> 11-28 11:29:13.340 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: New outgoing parcel of
> type 70
> 11-28 11:29:13.350 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Outgoing parcel:
> 0,0,0,64,70,0,0,0,43,0,0,0,24,0,0,0,56,0,49,0,48,0,51,0,48,0,49,0,50,0,53,0,
> 48,0,48,0,48,0,50,0,48,0,50,0,56,0,50,0,56,0,49,0,56,0,51,0,48,0,49,0,48,0,
> 48,0,0,0,0,0

I think this is because stk does not fully support for DSDS. We have bugs tracking on this.
Gecko: bug 942096.
Gaia: bug 942714.
(In reply to Edgar Chen [:edgar][:echen] from comment #3)
> 
> > 2) TCC sim card is inserted into the 2nd slot; however, there's STK command
> > for TCC has been sent to RIL Worker[0]
> > ============
> > RIL Worker[0]: Received chrome message
> > {"resultCode":0,"command":{"commandNumber":1,"typeOfCommand":37,
> > "commandQualifier":0,"rilMessageType":"stkcommand","options":{"title":
> > "台灣大哥大服務","items":[{"identifier":1,"text":"電話簿備份"},{"identifier":10,"text":
> > "基本通話服務"},{"identifier":11,"text":"行動加值"},{"identifier":12,"text":"國際漫遊服務"},
> > {"identifier":13,"text":"客戶服務"}],"presentationType":0}},"rilMessageToken":6,
> > "rilMessageType":"sendStkTerminalResponse"}
> > 11-28 11:29:13.340 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: New outgoing parcel of
> > type 70
> > 11-28 11:29:13.350 I/Gecko   (  106): RIL Worker[0]: Outgoing parcel:
> > 0,0,0,64,70,0,0,0,43,0,0,0,24,0,0,0,56,0,49,0,48,0,51,0,48,0,49,0,50,0,53,0,
> > 48,0,48,0,48,0,50,0,48,0,50,0,56,0,50,0,56,0,49,0,56,0,51,0,48,0,49,0,48,0,
> > 48,0,0,0,0,0
> 
> I think this is because stk does not fully support for DSDS. We have bugs
> tracking on this.
> Gecko: bug 942096.
> Gaia: bug 942714.

Yeah, you are right. It seems be! Thank you, thank you~
IccHelper returns the information of the first available icc object and which might be the one in the first slot or the second slot. This design causes the issue.

Rik, could you help review this patch? Thanks!
Attachment #8340300 - Flags: review?(anthony)
Assignee: nobody → arthur.chen
Duplicate of this bug: 942671
Comment on attachment 8340300 [details]
Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/14214

The patch looks ok. But the tests are failing and need to be updated.
Attachment #8340300 - Flags: review?(anthony) → review-
blocking-b2g: 1.3? → 1.3+
Target Milestone: --- → 1.3 C1/1.4 S1(20dec)
Comment on attachment 8340300 [details]
Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/14214

Hi rik, I've updated the unit tests. Could you take a look at it again?
Attachment #8340300 - Flags: review- → review?(anthony)
Component: RIL → Gaia::System
Comment on attachment 8340300 [details]
Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/14214

Looks good, thanks!
Attachment #8340300 - Flags: review?(anthony) → review+
Thanks for reviewing, rik.

master: 9a222ac02db176e47299bb37112ae40aeadbeca7
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Uplifted 9a222ac02db176e47299bb37112ae40aeadbeca7 to:
v1.3: 32c7efdaf9039be5f9f09fee3086a442104a60a3
The error from the TBPL log: navigator.mozIccManager.getIccById is not a function.

Arthur: I guess this API wasn't in 1.3.
Flags: needinfo?(arthur.chen)
(In reply to Anthony Ricaud (:rik) from comment #13)
> The error from the TBPL log: navigator.mozIccManager.getIccById is not a
> function.
> 
> Arthur: I guess this API wasn't in 1.3.

Gary had filed bug 956425 for this issue.
navigator.mozIccManager.getIccById is in 1.3. Not sure what's the version of gecko that TBPL server is using.
Flags: needinfo?(arthur.chen)
Aurora = Gecko 28 = B2G 1.3
I cherry-picked it to v1.3 again and it seems to be sticking this time. No idea what why it bounced before. Sorry for the churn :(

v1.3: 871b330cf4cdee3204c45928ace9d8ac79ef602e
Verified on Fugu

Gaia      fd2154a0f288820933bf727c2b2af3b1b1f47896
Gecko     d8919d498a7bc7c49d7c0eebe5bf340e094c47c0
BuildID   20140117145953
Version   28.0a2
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.