Closed Bug 997385 Opened 8 years ago Closed 8 years ago

DNS search domains wrongly configured on OS X and Ubuntu nodes

Categories

(Mozilla QA Graveyard :: Infrastructure, defect)

x86_64
All
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: whimboo, Assigned: whimboo)

References

Details

The DNS search domains are in a wrong order so the FQDN for the host is listed as mozilla.com instead of qa.scl3.mozilla.com. The fix is simply to reorder the list.
Similar for Ubuntu where the order is not correct and entries are listed in /etc/resolv.conf instead of /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/tail
Blocks: 996629, 973535
Summary: DNS search domains wrongly configured on OS X nodes → DNS search domains wrongly configured on OS X and Ubuntu nodes
I have updated our docs regarding the correct DNS suffix settings:
https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/websites/QA+Automation+ESX+Service

Also I have updated all OS X nodes on staging and production. Updates for Ubuntu have only be done for staging nodes, given that all in production will be replaced soon with 14.04. Beside the slave nodes I have also updated both master nodes.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 8 years ago
OS: Mac OS X → All
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: Mozilla QA → Mozilla QA Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.