Steps to Reproduce 1) Using a test device* 2) Provision the device to trust BetaFox. Instructions http://d2gk.co/help 3) Install "Jongla IM" from BetaFox http://d2gk.co/app/v/47/install/shout%40ozten.com%2CJongla%20IM Actual: E/GeckoConsole( 109): Content JS INFO at app://system.gaiamobile.org/js/app_install_manager.js:354 in ai_handleDownloadError: downloadError event, error code is INVALID_PACKAGE Expected: Should launch and be usable. Background: I've edited the manifest and removed the origin and everthing works in that version: http://d2gk.co/app/v/56/install/shout%40ozten.com%2CJongla%20IM This bug was found here https://github.com/mozilla/betafox/issues/38 What is BetaFox? https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Projects/BetaFox * Use a device you can re-flash and not your dogfood phone. We'll provision it and to revert back to production marketplace, you will need to re-flash!
Another example * origin http://d2gk.co/app/v/60/install/clouserw%40gmail.com%2CMarketplace * no origin http://d2gk.co/app/v/61/install/shout%40ozten.com%2CMarketplace
I can install http://d2gk.co/app/v/60/install/clouserw%40gmail.com%2CMarketplace on my device. Flame, 126.96.36.199-prerelease, build from June 11th.
Krupa setup a Flame with the same version of FxOS as Wil, but her device didn't work. So this bug appears only on some Flame's. It appears on all devices I have access too.
When we throw INVALID_PACKAGE, we also log a more detailed error in the console. Maybe the error could give a hint about what's happening.
I just tested my personal Flame that I just got from everbuying.com with the stock OS. I'm able to install and this bug doesn't reproduce. I'll try another device, to get marco better logs.
Created attachment 8456313 [details] marketplace_logcat_unagi.txt Reproduced with an unagi 1) ./provision-betafox.sh full_unagi http://d2gk.co 2) Load http://tinyurl.com/olz9sc2 on the device 3) Install Attachment is lolcat with INVALID_PACKAGE error message and surrounding log lines
Comment on attachment 8456313 [details] marketplace_logcat_unagi.txt I can't reproduce on my ZTE Open, I'll try with a Flame. A copy of your Webapps.jsm file would be useful (the error is on line 2909, I'd like to see what's there :D). You could grab a copy by doing: 1) adb pull /system/b2g/omni.ja 2) unzip omni.ja -d ./dir 3) You'll find the file in ./dir/modules/Webapps.jsm
Created attachment 8456935 [details] Webapps.jsm Thanks for the detailed instructions! Here is my Webapps.jsm
Created attachment 8457625 [details] modified Webapps.jsm Unfortunately it wasn't so helpful. Could you reproduce again using this modified Webapps.jsm file? (you should be able to push it via 'adb push') Basically I've enabled detailed logging and I've made the error be reported with a stack trace.
Created attachment 8457646 [details] marketplace_lolcat_debug.txt mv ../Webapps_updated.jsm modules/Webapps.jsm zip ../omni3.ja `find .` adb push ../omni3.ja /system/b2g/omni.ja adb remount adb push ../omni3.ja /system/b2g/omni.ja adb reboot adb lolcat -c adb lolcat > marketplace_lolcat_debug.txt
This is much better! This is bug 960601, that was a regression from bug 910815. According to bug 960601's flags, this should be fixed in 1.3.
Marco, you are amazing. Thank you so much.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 960601
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.