When using the Firebug theme the console messages should use the formattings and icons of Firebug 2.
Created attachment 8811629 [details]
Firebug Console in comparison with DevTools' Console panel
Using the Firebug theme the UI of the Console panel still has some differences to the Firebug extension. See the attached screenshot for comparison.
Parts of the differences were noted in the Firebug discussion group.
Here's a list of differences, which should be adjusted:
- Background color is slightly darker
- Logged elements have bold tag names and they use different colors
- Source links are not bold and their line and column numbers are red (colors might be ok, though)
- Icons differ
- Groups have a white background and don't have borders around their contents
- Functions in stack are missing their call parameters and are red, source links show the full URL
- XHRs have a white background and are missing the HTTP status, load time and source link
Thanks for the comparison
I think we might want to revisit the light/dark theme look to be more similar to Firebug.
I like the following things from Firebug:
- color-codes the message icons (red for error, yellow for warning, blue for info)
- messages are clearly separated by separators
- the icons are bigger
We might want to take Safari's console as inspiration (which is pretty similar to Firebug).
Helen, what do you think ?