In bug 1554224 we enabled ESLint for layout/, however we also disabled various rules. Now that bug has landed, we should work to enable the rules that were initially disabled.
For this first bug, we'll focus on rules that can be enabled automatically:
Ruchika has already agreed to take this bug on.
- Download and build the Firefox source code: https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Developer_guide/Build_Instructions/Simple_Firefox_build (an artifact build is sufficient).
- Start working on this bug.
- Remove the relevant lines from the top-level .eslintrc.js
./mach eslint layout --fix
- If it doesn't fix everything, you'll need to investigate the issues raised and fix them.
- Please also run
hg diff and check the output for any indentation that needs fixing (the html files especially around any else changes).
- If you have direct questions about this bug, feel free to ask here or on irc.
- Build your change with mach build and test your change with:
./mach xpcshell-test layout
./mach mochitest layout
- Submit the patch for review. Mark me as a reviewer (r?standard8) so I'll get an email to come look at your code. I'll be doing an initial review of the patch, then passing it to layout/ peers for final review.
- After a series of reviews and changes to your patch, I'll mark it for checkin or push it to autoland. Your code will soon be shipping to Firefox users worldwide!
- ...now you get to think about what kind of bug you'd like to work on next. Let me know what you're interested in and I can help you find your next contribution.