- Firefox Beta 70.0b5 - Build ID: 20190909162732
- Firefox Nightly 71.0a1 - Build ID: 20190912094122
- All Windows
- All Linux
- All Mac
- Have the latest Firefox Beta or Nightly installed.
- Have any text copied to clipboard.
[Steps to reproduce]:
- Open the browser with the profile from prerequisites.
- Open a new tab and click the "Amazon" top search shortcut.
- Right-click in the "Address Bar" and select the "Paste & Go" option.
- Observe the behavior.
- A search is performed with the default search engine.
- Considering the fact that this issue is not reproducible on latest Firefox Release (69.0), using the "mozregression" tool I have managed to find the following regression:
Last good revision: 47e72c204ef61c34509e430c0976f4db680e384a
First bad revision: 580d975db59096011e93150a04856a15b9e8812d
From the pushlog, it seems that bug 1551598 caused this issue.
- This issue is also reproducible if the "@amazon" string is typed in the "Address Bar".
- This issue is reproducible with all the top sites search shortcuts (@google; @duckduckgo, etc)
- Attached a screen recording of the issue.