"no proxy for" isn't implemented

VERIFIED FIXED in M14

Status

()

Core
Networking
P3
major
VERIFIED FIXED
18 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: edburns, Assigned: Gagan)

Tracking

Trunk
All
Other
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

18 years ago
Most browser allow one to specify a list of hostnames for which the currently
set proxy should be bypassed.  Most browsers also allow one to set a preference
for bypassing the proxy for all local hostnames.  Neither feature appears to be
implemented.  I checked bonsai for gagan's 9/20 fix to 8559 and found no nearby
code that seemed to implement the "no proxy for..." feature.
(Reporter)

Updated

18 years ago
Blocks: 16679
(Reporter)

Updated

18 years ago
Blocks: 16677
No longer blocks: 16679
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED

Updated

18 years ago
Target Milestone: M11

Updated

18 years ago
Target Milestone: M11 → M14

Comment 1

18 years ago
-> m14 .  this sounds like beta or later...

Updated

18 years ago
Blocks: 20400

Comment 2

18 years ago
Bulk move of all Necko (to be deleted component) bugs to new Networking

component.
(Assignee)

Comment 3

18 years ago
*** Bug 22208 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Updated

18 years ago
Keywords: beta1

Comment 4

18 years ago
PDT+
Whiteboard: [PDT+]
(Assignee)

Comment 5

18 years ago
*** Bug 26247 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(Assignee)

Comment 6

18 years ago
*** Bug 26778 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Depends on: 27141
(Assignee)

Comment 7

18 years ago
Just noticed that the pref for no_proxies is not be read/written. I have created
a separate bug for the same. bug 27141. And will be checking in the remaining
fix for this bug tonite, but it will require bug 27141 to work. 
Whiteboard: [PDT+] → [PDT+] part fix eta: 2/9/00 (see comments)

Comment 8

18 years ago
	If anyone care, bug 26503 (which in fact is more a feature request) depends on
this bug. I don't want to mess with dependancies setting, so someone else can do
that for me ;-)
(Assignee)

Comment 9

18 years ago
fix checked in. now this is only waiting on 27141...

Comment 10

17 years ago
It looks like the fix for bug 27141 is included in the 2000021509 build...
unfortunately the "no proxy for" setting doesn't appear to be working correctly.
 If I fill in a value I'm no longer able to access any external sites using the
proxy, although local sites come up fine.  After clearing the entry, external
sites are fine, but of course local ones become inaccessible.

For the purposes of this test I'm using the single entry "dor.intranet".  System
is a PII-300MHz w/128MB running NT4, SP6.

Comment 11

17 years ago
*** Bug 28162 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 12

17 years ago
I confirm that the no_proxies_on pref doesn't work correctly after that fix. It
looks like it is rather numeric value although it should be string value.

Comment 13

17 years ago
Sorry, it was already fixed... But it still doesn't work. When I set the setting
in the no proxy for. It behaves as if the proxy was disabled for every address
which isn't correct behaviour. It should compare the end of the server name with
the no proxy for setting and then decide whether it should use proxy or not.

Comment 14

17 years ago
It seems to be storing the setting properly as a string here, under build 
2000021708... my prefs.js file shows the following:

     user_pref("network.proxy.no_proxies_on", "dor.intranet");

Comment 15

17 years ago
2/9/00 is over. need new date.
Whiteboard: [PDT+] part fix eta: 2/9/00 (see comments) → [PDT+]
(Assignee)

Comment 16

17 years ago
fixed. waiting for review. 
Whiteboard: [PDT+] → [PDT+] ETA 02/22/00

Comment 17

17 years ago
The wariable no_proxies_on still doesn't work in the Linux build 2000022217. If
I set there whatever text the browser stops using proxy at all.
(Assignee)

Comment 18

17 years ago
fix checked in.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 19

17 years ago
Yup! It's fixed now! Wonderfull!

Comment 20

17 years ago
How should multiple entries be formatted... i.e. seperated by spaces, commas,
semicolons, etc.?  I need three entries, but only the first seems to "take".
For example, here's the IE entry which I'm trying to clone:

     dogwood.state.mo.us;*.intra.state.mo.us;dor.intranet

Any information would be appreciated... Thanx!

(Assignee)

Comment 21

17 years ago
the correct separtors are spaces or commas. So use this-

dogwood.state.mo.us .intra.state.mo.us dor.intranet
or
dogwood.state.mo.us, .intra.state.mo.us, dor.intranet

Note that you don't need to (read shouldn't) put a * for all hosts with that 
domain ending. Corollary- a no_proxies_on entry of netscape.com will be 
applicable to all hosts ending at netscape.com including foonetscape.com but an 
entry of .netscape.com will specifically be applicable to all hosts in the 
domain of netscape.com.


Comment 22

17 years ago
Thanx, it's working just fine now.  Apparently some of our local sites have 
been moved to a different server, so the "no proxy for" setting wasn't the real 
problem...

Thanx again!

Comment 23

17 years ago
As a bit of a side, in the future I think it would be useful if this interface 
changed to something more along the lines of a list box with add/remove buttons.  
I've never liked the single line of values.  But that could just be me.

Comment 24

17 years ago
verified:
WinNT 2000022708
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Updated

13 years ago
Summary: "no proxy for ..." isn't implemented → "no proxy for" isn't implemented
Whiteboard: [PDT+] ETA 02/22/00
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.