The URL in the location bar isn't updated to the current page when a page is loaded by clicking on a link in a mail message. Nor is the new URL added to the browser's history under the Go menu.
Hmm this used to work just fine before I left on vacation =). I wonder if it broke due to rick's changes to the doc loader over the holidays...Adding rick to the cc list.
The history dialog under tasks->tools->history doesn't detect urls clicked from mail messages either. After I filed this bug and clicked the link to display it the url in the location bar was wrong. It still showed the enter_bug url. Maybe the mail thing messes up subsequent pages as well?
*** Bug 23088 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Assignee: mscott → rpotts
Severity: normal → critical
Priority: P3 → P2
I thought I added rick potts to the cc list but apparently not. Rick, it looks like uri dispatching from the mail window to the browser window got pretty broken with the big doc loader clean up you did over the holidays. I'm seeing the following problems that used to work: 1) the url bar in the browser window is not getting set to the url that got dispatched to this window 2) stop and forward buttons are not being updated properly either in fact they are both getting disabled. bouncing over to you 'cause I think it's related to the doc loader changes. Lemme know if you want some help debugging this. When I first got uri loading going, this was one of the first problems I had and I think at the time I finally tracked it down to not issuing a on end document load.
*** Bug 23553 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Rick fixed this before he left.
Linux (2000-08-25-08 M18) Win32 (2000-08-25-08 M18) Mac (2000-08-25-04 M18) This bug has been fixed.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
QA Contact: lchiang → fenella
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.