33.07 KB, image/gif
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040614 Firefox/0.9 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040614 Firefox/0.9 If the option to "ask for each cookie" is set, when a cookie confirmation dialog should appear, this error appears instead: XML Parsing Error: undefined entity Location: chrome://cookie/content/cookieAcceptDialog.xul Line Number 47, Column 1: <dialog id="cookieAcceptDialog" ^ Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Set cookie option to "ask for each cookie" 2. Go to a site that wants to set a cookie 3. Get the error message Actual Results: Got the aforementioned error. Expected Results: Displayed a confirmation dialog. Did have 0.8 installed before this install, but uninstalled (followed by manual cleanup) before installing 0.9.
This is not a good thing...
Assignee: firefox → mconnor
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
I should really fork this bit of UI so I don't have to dig into seamonkey code for stock icons.
Curiously, I went through the same process with another computer (with the same setup) and this hasn't been a problem. It seems to work fine on the second machine.
WFM with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040615 Firefox/0.9 (Steffen). Are you missing Menu Help->Help Contents as well?
Yes, I was. And I just found the resolution. On the first installation, when the installation was finished, I chose not to run Firefox and instead ran it manually later. On the second, I chose to run it at the finish, and the "import settings" dialog popped up (which never appeared in the first one). I imported my 0.8 settings and everything seemed happy and perfectly functional. I uninstalled the first try and reinstalled, following the same procedure, and now it is also happy.
I too have come across this problem. I downloaded Firefox 0.9 and upgrade from 0.8 which i setup to ask me to allow or deny each cookie. Now in 0.9 i get the exact same XUL parsing error as listed by Erryn, when it tries to bring up the question box. Happens right here on the bugzilla site infact I have no problems with the Help->Help Contents though. User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040614 Firefox/0.8 hrm thats interesting user agent from the help about menu says 0.8 but the help about says 0.9 Thanks
14 years ago
Priority: -- → P2
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox1.0beta
14 years ago
WFM Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1
*** Bug 251732 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Mike, please figure out within the next 7 days if this is still a problem... if this is related to the zip build, then let's not bother unless this also effects Mac disk images/linux tar.gzs.
tracy can you check this out to determine if it is only a problem with .zip and .gz builds and does not exist in installer builds?
I can not reproduce this with recent builds: Windows 2004-07-22-10-0.9 installer build - works Windows 2004-07-22-10-0.9 .zip build - works Linux 2004-07-22-11-0.9 installer build - works Linux 2004-07-22-11-0.9 tarball build - works Mac 2004-07-22-10-0.9 .dmg build - works I did not, however, upgrade from 0.8. I installed in a clean directory and created a new profile with the newly installed build.
resolving WORKSFORME. There might have been some bad packaging-fu that's resolved now. Someone please reopen if this recurs.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
I have been getting this problem on all branch builds since 22nd July, whether using a new or existing profile. Builds dated 21st July or earlier work fine. A quick way to reproduce (rather than having to visit a site) is to type the following into the location field; chrome://cookie/content/cookieAcceptDialog.xul Can someone re-open please.
Just got it after installing 7-23 branch installer build with old profile (worked fine with 7-22).
I have been trying various changes having looked at the checkins from 21st July onwards and have so far discovered the following. Please bear in mind, I know nothing about xul or the inner workings of FireFox, so this may be completely irrelevant. If I change line 41 of cookieAcceptDialog.xul to; <!DOCTYPE dialog SYSTEM "chrome://browser/cookie/locale/cookieAcceptDialog.dtd"> (note, I added "browser", but I get the same results with "global"). Then the error message moves to the next line and becomes XML Parsing Error: undefined entity Location: chrome://cookie/content/cookieAcceptDialog.xul Line Number 48, Column 18: acceptLabel="&button.allow.label;" -------------------------------------------^ Note; I added extra "-"'s so that the "^" is actually pointing at the "&" in the line above as in the original message. If I change the path on line 41 to garbage, then the original error remains. This makes me think that cookieAcceptDialog.xul is having difficulty finding cookieAcceptDialog.dtd, but when it does there are still errors. Incidentally, if I remove all the ampersands as well from cookieAcceptDialog.xul then the error no longer occurs and I get a (broken) accept cookie dialogue box.
this regressed again, but its fixed now, should be in the next round of nightlies (not the ones currently up)
I have just downloaded a BEAST build and can confirm that this is now working. Thanks.
*** Bug 252891 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 252882 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.