Wrong end date for all day events in event list of remote calendars

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

Calendar
Internal Components
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
13 years ago
12 years ago

People

(Reporter: Torsten, Assigned: dmose)

Tracking

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

13 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051108 Mozilla Sunbird/0.3a1+

All day events in a remote calendar (apache 2, webdav; also on icalx.com) are correctly shown in the calendar but the end date in the event list is one day too late.

For local calendars, the event is displayed correctly in the event list, even
after restarting sunbird.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an all-day-event in a remote calendar 
2. Reload the remote calendar



Actual Results:  
After step 1, the event is shown correctly in the calendar AND in the event list.
After step 2, the event is shown correctly in the calendar but with a wrong end date (on day too late) in the event list.


Expected Results:  
Reloading the remote calendar should not change the display.

Comment 1

13 years ago

*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 306157 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
(In reply to comment #1)
> *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 306157 ***

Joey, 
this is not the same problem as in bug 306157, thus I adviced him to write a new one (to keep one problem per bug). See bug 306157 comment 8 and 9.
(In reply to comment #2)
Reopen bug. (Sorry for bugspam)
Status: RESOLVED → UNCONFIRMED
Resolution: DUPLICATE → ---

Comment 4

13 years ago
Confirming on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051101 Mozilla Sunbird/0.3a1
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
Is there a testcase for this?
(Reporter)

Comment 6

13 years ago
Created attachment 202467 [details]
ics-file with an all-day-event

1. Create a remote calendar with the attached file (WebDav, location: file:///C:/.../test.ics). The event is shown correctly on Nov 7 in the calendar but with a wrong end date of Nov 8 in the event list.

2. Create a new all-day-event in this remote calendar. It is shwon correctly in the event list until you reload the remote calendar. After a reload, the same wrong end date as in 1.

3. Import the attached file into a local calendar. This also results in a wrong end date (one day too late) in the event list.

4. Create an all-day-event in a local calendar. It is always correctly shown in the event list.
(In reply to comment #6)

I can confirm all your steps. Doing this I have noticed the following: 

Open Edit Dialog for any of those all-day events, change nothing and press OK.
--> The all-day event is displayed with correct end date in event list.

Reload remote calendar or restart calendar
--> The all-day event is displayed with wrong end date in event list again.
I tried again with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20051209 Mozilla Sunbird/0.3a1+ and found the following:

I created an All Day Event from 20-Dec-2005 to 22-Dec-2005. Then I compared the start and end value displayed in the event list depending on my local timezone:

TZ (as reported in console)        | Start  |  End
-----------------------------------+--------+--------
GMT-1200 (Datumsgrenze Normalzeit) | 20-Dec | 22-Dec
GMT-1100 (Samoa Normalzeit)        | 19-Dec | 22-Dec
GMT-0100 (Azoren Normalzeit)       | 19-Dec | 22-Dec
GMT+0000 (Greenwich Normalzeit)    | 20-Dec | 23-Dec
GMT+0100                           | 20-Dec | 23-Dec
GMT+1200 (Neuseeland Normalzeit)   | 20-Dec | 23-Dec

Seems that this is another issue based on the timezone settings.
Unfortunately, I do not have cycles to work on Calendar stuff these days (just as it's getting to the good part!), so I am a bad owner for these bugs.  To delete the tragically-large chunk of bugspam, search for gregorianabdication.
Assignee: shaver → nobody

Comment 10

13 years ago
*** Bug 323937 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(Assignee)

Updated

13 years ago
Blocks: 298366
(Assignee)

Updated

13 years ago
Assignee: nobody → dmose

Comment 11

13 years ago
I talked about this with dmose a few days ago.  It seems to be unifinder only, so it shouldn't block Lightning 0.1.
No longer blocks: 298366

Comment 12

12 years ago
Just landed some changes today that may or may not help with this.  Be nice to see whether or not the situation is changed.  Can someone please test again with a nightly?
(In reply to comment #12)
I am not able to reproduce this problem with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060410 Mozilla Sunbird/0.3a1+. Resolving as WFM.

Torsten:
If you still see this problem with a recent build feel free to reopen the bug.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago12 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(Reporter)

Comment 14

12 years ago
(In reply to comment #13)
> Torsten:
> If you still see this problem with a recent build feel free to reopen the bug.

I don't see the problem anymore with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060409 Mozilla Sunbird/0.3a1+

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.