STR: 1) blank install - create a POP account - Account I used had 6K unread emails (from various linux mailing lists) 2) after account creation open Error console and see gloda unhappy about Addresses being empty and an abort job error - and sorry I didn't record these. 3) after say 10/20 minutes search for your name or linux NO results 4) Open Activity manager - the window was empty. 5) check that global-messages-db.sqlite is present. 6) restart Thunderbird , search for linux, get immediate results. Setting the bug as UNCO as I would need to reproduce and didn't try yet.
This may be bug 475502
taking this off of confirmed - and simply retest after bug 475502 is fixed, or any time in between.