Closed Bug 564920 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago
Push SUMO 1
.5 .4 on Tuesday 11 May
Since we've still got the Kitsune half of things up and running from Thursday, this one should be shorter. Let's plan on 2 hours of downtime to be safe. * Need the outage page again for the database conversion process. * Note symlinks and NFS mounts. * Grab a database dump before starting conversion. * Convert the database to UTF-8. (Attachment 443825 [details] [diff]) (~30-45 minutes) * Update Kitsune (git) to tag 2.0.3. * `./manage.py syncdb` * SVN switch to 1.5.4. * `cp scripts/minify/minify.conf.php.dist scripts/minify/minify.conf.php` * Run webroot/htaccess.sh * Update Sphinx configuration from the 1.5.4 tag. * Reindex Sphinx. * Verify that symlinks/NFS mounts are unchanged. * Flush Zeus and memcache. In the event of a problem with the 1.5.4 app, rather than reverting the database, we should first try rolling back to version 22.214.171.124, which is just 1.5.3 updated to work with the UTF-8 database. I think that's everything. Will append here if we realize we missed something.  1.5.4: http://svn.mozilla.org/projects/sumo/tags/1.5/1.5.4_r66525_20100428/  126.96.36.199 (emergency only) http://svn.mozilla.org/projects/sumo/tags/1.5/188.8.131.52_backup_20100428/
Is kitsune going to run at / or?
Assignee: jeremy.orem+bugs → thardcastle
Whiteboard: 05/11/2010 @ 4pm → 05/13/2010 @ 4pm
(In reply to comment #1) > Is kitsune going to run at / or? Kitsune is running at /k. Since it's already running, the WSGI configuration shouldn't need to change.
DB conversion went well! Started around 16:00, finished around 16:23.
Ran into a problem with doing the SVN switch to 1.5.4, here's how I fixed it: # svn switch https://svn.mozilla.org/projects/sumo/tags/1.5/1.5.4_r66525_20100428/ svn: Directory 'webroot/img/wiki_up/.svn' containing working copy admin area is missing # readlink webroot/img /mnt/netapp/support.mozilla.org/img # rm webroot/img # svn up ... # svn switch https://svn.mozilla.org/projects/sumo/tags/1.5/1.5.4_r66525_20100428/ ...
This is all pushed. SVN switched, Kitsune updated to 2.0.3, sphinx updated, symlinks verified, caches cleared.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Component: Server Operations: Web Operations → WebOps: Other
Product: mozilla.org → Infrastructure & Operations
Product: Infrastructure & Operations → Infrastructure & Operations Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.