Closed Bug 587986 Opened 11 years ago Closed 11 years ago

Use toolkit's l10n.mk in mail/locales/Makefile.in

Categories

(Thunderbird :: Build Config, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED
Thunderbird 3.3a1

People

(Reporter: standard8, Assigned: standard8)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file, 3 obsolete files)

Attached patch WIP (obsolete) — Splinter Review
Toolkit implemented l10n.mk so that we can reduce the duplication of make file code when we doing l10n things.

As we recently managed to break locale builds due to missing a change made in toolkit's l10n.mk, I want to pick it up so that it doesn't happen again.

The basic work here is to match mail/locales/Makefile.in with mozilla/browser/locales/Makefile.in except for the differences in profile files and other areas.
Attached patch The fix (obsolete) — Splinter Review
This needs the core patch in bug 587984 to work.

It is basically syncing mail/locales/Makefile.in with browser/locales/Makefile.in.

I've verified this by following the buildbot steps to repackage builds on both Windows and Mac.

A couple of notes:
- Thunderbird doesn't do anything on the profile localisation front, so there's quite a lot of things not done as a result.
- Thunderbird doesn't have crashreporter-override.ini
- For the prepare-repackages targets, doing it the existing way seemed better than Firefox's, though it was confusing how either of them manage to work ;-)
Attachment #466600 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #466629 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
Attached patch The fix v2 (obsolete) — Splinter Review
This is what I wanted to attach - additional minor whitespace fix up
Attachment #466629 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #466631 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
Attachment #466629 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
FYI, bug 554993 is the parallel bug for SeaMonkey, and has been for a while, I was just too lazy to test the patch there :(
Comment on attachment 466631 [details] [diff] [review]
The fix v2

I'm not too up on l10n makefile-fu as I'd like. ETA wednesday night for me. but if KaiRo can tackle this great. if Pike understands this enough to feel confident about it *I* would also accept his review, but end result if you feel you need to wait for me is up to you.
Attachment #466631 - Flags: review?(kairo)
Attachment #466631 - Flags: review?(l10n)
Comment on attachment 466631 [details] [diff] [review]
The fix v2

Sorry, I don't have cycles to dive into this quickly.
Attachment #466631 - Flags: review?(l10n)
Depends on: 589232
Attached patch The fix v3Splinter Review
This is revised to take account of the bustage fix in bug 589232 and the better way of fixing SFX_HEADER.
Attachment #466631 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Attachment #468651 - Flags: review?(kairo)
Attachment #468651 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
Attachment #466631 - Flags: review?(kairo)
Attachment #466631 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
Comment on attachment 468651 [details] [diff] [review]
The fix v3

grr, unfortunately, I can't easily test here as the only TB build I have around is a shared one and testing repackaging needs static builds to be able to make package. :(
Comment on attachment 468651 [details] [diff] [review]
The fix v3

>+#XXX
>+#vpath %.rdf $(topsrcdir)/mailnews/base/ispdata

What's up with that? Did you intentionally remove it?

That said, testing here looks good (i.e. both a normal build and a repackaged German one work correctly) and skimming the patch I don't see obvious mistakes.
Attachment #468651 - Flags: review?(kairo)
Attachment #468651 - Flags: review?(bugspam.Callek)
Attachment #468651 - Flags: review+
(In reply to comment #8)
> Comment on attachment 468651 [details] [diff] [review]
> The fix v3
> 
> >+#XXX
> >+#vpath %.rdf $(topsrcdir)/mailnews/base/ispdata
> 
> What's up with that? Did you intentionally remove it?

Rolling back to 1.8, I've just found the following:

http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla1.8/source/mail/locales/Makefile.in#100

vpath %.rdf $(topsrcdir)/mailnews/base/ispdata

ISP_FILES = $(shell cat $(LOCALE_SRCDIR)/isp/isps.txt)

libs:: $(addsuffix .rdf,$(ISP_FILES)) 
	$(SYSINSTALL) $(IFLAGS1) $^ $(FINAL_TARGET)/isp/$(AB_CD)

install:: $(addsuffix .rdf,$(ISP_FILES))
	$(SYSINSTALL) $(IFLAGS1) $^ $(DESTDIR)$(mozappdir)/isp/$(AB_CD)


vpath was telling make where to find the *.rdf files necessary for the libs and install rules. When those rules got removed, we failed to remove the vpath directive.

I've removed the commented out lines from the final patch.
Checked in: http://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/5a946459f3b0
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Thunderbird 3.3a1
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.