no longer generating en-US langpacks after bug 578393

RESOLVED FIXED in mozilla2.0b9

Status

()

Core
Build Config
RESOLVED FIXED
7 years ago
7 years ago

People

(Reporter: bhearsum, Assigned: bhearsum)

Tracking

Trunk
mozilla2.0b9
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph
Bug Flags:
in-testsuite -

Firefox Tracking Flags

(blocking2.0 -, status2.0 wanted, status1.9.2 .14-fixed, status1.9.1 .17-fixed)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

Comment hidden (empty)
(Assignee)

Comment 1

7 years ago
bug 578393 changed the upload logic a bit and ended up dropping the $(LANGPACK) upload line altogether. In this diff:
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/ab6d8c5a300a
there needs to be a $(LANGPACK) line in UPLOAD_FILES similar to the one being removed towards the end.
Summary: no longer generating enU → no longer generating en-US langpacks after bug 578393
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Blocks: 485860
(Assignee)

Comment 2

7 years ago
I'm likely to be fixing this soon.
Assignee: nobody → bhearsum
(Assignee)

Comment 3

7 years ago
Created attachment 496899 [details] [diff] [review]
[checked in] re-add $(LANGPACK) to the list of potential upload files
Attachment #496899 - Flags: review?(ted.mielczarek)
(Assignee)

Comment 4

7 years ago
I'd like to land this prior to beta 8 so we can finally do a release with en-US.xpi's. It's also blocking at least one q4 releng goal. I believe that it is very safe.
Blocks: 574731
blocking2.0: --- → ?
Attachment #496899 - Flags: review?(ted.mielczarek) → review+
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval2.0+
I suspect that removal was a merging error, since
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/6a3204b41219
landed only a week or so before.
blocking2.0: ? → -
status2.0: --- → wanted
(Assignee)

Comment 6

7 years ago
Comment on attachment 496899 [details] [diff] [review]
[checked in] re-add $(LANGPACK) to the list of potential upload files

Landed this on the default branch of mozilla-central:
0ca6c4e19f46
Attachment #496899 - Attachment description: re-add $(LANGPACK) to the list of potential upload files → [checked in] re-add $(LANGPACK) to the list of potential upload files
(Assignee)

Comment 7

7 years ago
Seems to be working fine after landing.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 7 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Assignee)

Comment 8

7 years ago
Drivers, I would like to take this patch on 1.9.1 and 1.9.2 as well, in order to keep the releng l10n repack code consistent across all branches. I've tested it, and believe it will cause no issues, and it has already landed without issue on trunk.
blocking1.9.1: --- → ?
blocking1.9.2: --- → ?
(Assignee)

Updated

7 years ago
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval1.9.2.14?
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval1.9.1.17?
Comment on attachment 496899 [details] [diff] [review]
[checked in] re-add $(LANGPACK) to the list of potential upload files

a=bsterne for 1.9.2.14 and 1.9.1.17.
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval1.9.2.14?
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval1.9.2.14+
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval1.9.1.17?
Attachment #496899 - Flags: approval1.9.1.17+
(Assignee)

Comment 10

7 years ago
Landed on 1.9.1 and 1.9.2.
If this was the result of a mismerge why was it needed on the older branches?  Was the same mistake made there?
Marking branch fixed based on
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2/rev/702b35a5935a
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.1/rev/f4c422de6fce

But it'd be good to get an answer to khuey's question in comment 11
status1.9.1: --- → .17-fixed
status1.9.2: --- → .14-fixed
blocking1.9.1: ? → ---
blocking1.9.2: ? → ---
(Assignee)

Comment 13

7 years ago
tl;dr version: didn't need it on 1.9.1/1.9.2 before, now we do

The original bug that turned this on was bug 485860, which at the time, was only wanted for mozilla-central. The thing that prompted me to fix this regression will end up touching all active branches on which we have l10n, so I figured I may as well land on all of them now.

Updated

7 years ago
Blocks: 628795
(Assignee)

Comment 14

7 years ago
We're still generating langpacks in the wrong place on 1.9.1 and 1.9.2, but I can't figure out why. They should end up dist/$platform/xpi, but they're still in "dist".
Flags: in-testsuite-
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla2.0b9
Version: unspecified → Trunk
OS: Mac OS X → All
Hardware: x86 → All
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.