Closed Bug 618368 Opened 10 years ago Closed 10 years ago

Mozilla upgrade to NSS 3.12.9 final

Categories

(Core :: Security: PSM, defect)

defect
Not set
blocker

Tracking

()

VERIFIED FIXED
mozilla2.0
Tracking Status
blocking1.9.2 --- .17+
status1.9.2 --- .17-fixed
blocking1.9.1 --- .19+
status1.9.1 --- .19-fixed
fennec 2.0+ ---

People

(Reporter: briansmith, Assigned: KaiE)

References

Details

NSS 3.12.9 beta already landed; see bug 599324.
Nominating to be blocking 2.0 final; see bug 599324 comment 29.
blocking2.0: --- → ?
tracking-fennec: --- → ?
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla2.0
tracking-fennec: ? → 2.0+
Assignee: nobody → kaie
As of 4.0b8, if one wants to build against systemwide nss/nspr, it needs 3.12.9 / nspr 4.8.7, and those are not released/available on mirrors..
Can we have an ETA for this releases ?
Landry, sorry, we haven't prepared tarballs yet, we usually don't do that for beta versions.

Could you please fetch beta versions yourself from CVS?

:pserver:anonymous@cvs-mirror.mozilla.org:/cvsroot

cvs co -r NSPR_4_8_7_BETA2 mozilla/nsprpub
cvs co -r NSS_3_12_9_BETA2 mozilla/security/nss mozilla/security/coreconf \
                           mozilla/dbm mozilla/security dbm

If you don't want to pull from cvs, we plan the final release and tarballs to be available by end of first week in January.
Oh, okay. As the dependencies in configure.in were bumped to 4.8.7/3.12.9,
i thought those had been actually released. My mistake.
I'll wait for the final releases tarballs then, and stay with 4.0b7 in the meantime.
Thanks for the notice, both versions build fine on OpenBSD -current.
pushed to mozilla-central.

http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/17fae822d2d7
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
blocking2.0: ? → ---
Closed: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Let's decide, should this be given to FF 3.6 and FF 3.5 stable branches?
Yes, I recommend that.
Requesting approval for stable branches.
blocking1.9.1: --- → ?
blocking1.9.2: --- → ?
blocking1.9.1: ? → .18+
blocking1.9.2: ? → .15+
Blocks: 602521
I didn't notice the branch approval until now.

The upgrade to NSS 3.12.9 implies the NSPR upgrade to 4.8.7
Upgraded to 4.8.7 and 3.12.9 on both branches.

I reapplied the lower-dhe-priority patch
(luckily we have the security/patches directory)

I didn't see a nsprpub/patches directory, and couldn't find anything in the log,
I conclude no patches on top of NSPR are currently being used on the branches.

http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.2/rev/62bf42e973e9
http://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-1.9.1/rev/753d58ad2332
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
The "3.6.15" we're releasing today does not fix this bug, the release containing this bug fix has been renamed to "3.6.16" and the bugzilla flags will be updated to reflect that soon. Today's release is a re-release of 3.6.14 plus a fix for a bug that prevented many Java applets from starting up.
Does it make sense to fix https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=646460 , before we upgrade nss?
Blocks: 596798
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.