Update chrome://branding/content/about.png in all channels to match with the new wordmarks

NEW
Unassigned

Status

()

Firefox
General
6 years ago
6 years ago

People

(Reporter: tchevalier, Unassigned)

Tracking

(Depends on: 2 bugs)

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

6 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0a1) Gecko/20111210 Firefox/11.0a1
Build ID: 20111210031150

Steps to reproduce:

New wordmarks has been created for Rapid Release Channels in bug 646896.

We need to update chrome://branding/content/about.png in both Nightly and Aurora with theses wordmarks to keep the brand consistent.

$PRODUCTNAME changes and chrome://branding/content/about-wordmark.png are treated in bug 656518.
(Reporter)

Updated

6 years ago
OS: Windows 7 → All
Hardware: x86_64 → All
(Reporter)

Updated

6 years ago
Depends on: 656518
(Reporter)

Updated

6 years ago
Summary: update chrome://branding/content/about.png in Nightly and Aurora to match with the new wordmark images → Update chrome://branding/content/about.png in all channels to match with the new wordmarks
(Reporter)

Comment 2

6 years ago
Correction: chrome://branding/content/about.png should be updated for ALL channels:

Firefox Nigthly, Firefox Aurora, Firefox Beta, and GA.

Beta and GA have also new wordmarks, and they can be found in the link in #c1 .

Updated

6 years ago
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true

Comment 3

6 years ago
Here are the current latest wordmarks:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/styleguide/identity/firefox/wordmarks/

We should also be sure to use the complete names — i.e. Firefox, Firefox Beta, Firefox Aurora, Firefox Nightly — for all channels.

Sean, should we now be using the updated logos for Nightly and Aurora?
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/styleguide/identity/firefox/channels/

How can we help push this along?

Comment 4

6 years ago
I have one additional thought and a question here.

Right now the text reads as follows for Aurora and Nightly:

$PRODUCTNAME is experimental and may be unstable. It automatically sends test information back to Mozilla to help make $PRODUCTNAME better.

Mozilla is a global community working together to keep the Web open, public and accessible to all.

That second $PRODUCTNAME, however, should actually say "Firefox" (which it used to, but I didn't catch the change when the text was updated in bug 701182).

I also found bug 656518, which seems similar to this one. Not sure if they're totally the same, though.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

6 years ago
(In reply to Matej Novak [:matej] from comment #4)
> I have one additional thought and a question here.
> 
> Right now the text reads as follows for Aurora and Nightly:
> 
> $PRODUCTNAME is experimental and may be unstable. It automatically sends
> test information back to Mozilla to help make $PRODUCTNAME better.
> 
> Mozilla is a global community working together to keep the Web open, public
> and accessible to all.
> 
> That second $PRODUCTNAME, however, should actually say "Firefox" (which it
> used to, but I didn't catch the change when the text was updated in bug
> 701182).

Oops, my bad. Fixing that in bug 699806 & bug 737596

> 
> I also found bug 656518, which seems similar to this one. Not sure if
> they're totally the same, though.

In fact, this bug is part of bug 656518 (Which will change everything related to Nigthly into Firefox Nightly), so I you prefer you can attach the new file there.

This reminds me that I'm assigned to this bug and that I'm totally stuck on this work.
(In reply to Matej Novak [:matej] from comment #4)
> That second $PRODUCTNAME, however, should actually say "Firefox" (which it
> used to, but I didn't catch the change when the text was updated in bug
> 701182).

I disagree; see bug 699806 comment 114 for my reasoning. The same reasoning applies to Nightly vs. Firefox, I think.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.