Closed Bug 775864 Opened 8 years ago Closed 6 years ago

GCLI has some incorrect localization strings in gclicommands.properties

Categories

(DevTools Graveyard :: Graphic Commandline and Toolbar, defect)

defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED
Future

People

(Reporter: jwalker, Assigned: jwalker)

References

Details

From Bug 771555 comment 10:
> pagemodRemoveAttributeRootDesc=CSS selector of root of search
> pagemodRemoveElementRootDesc=CSS selector specifying root of search
> pagemodReplaceRootDesc=CSS selector to root of search
> 
> pagemodRemoveElementSearchDesc=CSS selector specifying elements to remove
> pagemodRemoveAttributeSearchElementsDesc=CSS selector of elements to include
> 
> Shouldn't these strings use the same structure? If the answer is yes there are
> probably other strings with the same problem.
> 
> 
> Elements matched by selector: %1$S. Replaces in text nodes: %2$S. Replaces in
> attributes: %3$S.
> 
> Replaces->Replacements?
> 
> Restarting Firefox...
> Should use single unicode character instead of "..."

From Bug 773954 comment 1:
> Another hardcoded piece of string (comma), found after I realized that I
> wasn't responsible for that punctuation sign before a conjunction (something
> you shouldn't do in Italian)
> 
> http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/devtools/commandline/gcli.jsm#6677
> 
>  <span class="gcli-out-shortcut" onclick="${onclick}" 
>     ondblclick="${ondblclick}"
>     data-command="help">help</span>,
Triage.
Target Milestone: Firefox 17 → Firefox 18
New component triage. Filter on "Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a Mornay sauce"
Component: Developer Tools: Console → Developer Tools: Graphic Commandline and Toolbar
This bug was not fixed with Firefox 18.
Target Milestone: Firefox 18 → Future
Assignee: nobody → jwalker
Resetting priorities because these P* levels are very out of date.
Sorry for the bug spam. Filter on Lobster Thermidor
Priority: P1 → --
(In reply to Joe Walker [:jwalker] from comment #0)
> From Bug 771555 comment 10:
> > pagemodRemoveAttributeRootDesc=CSS selector of root of search
> > pagemodRemoveElementRootDesc=CSS selector specifying root of search
> > pagemodReplaceRootDesc=CSS selector to root of search
> > 
> > pagemodRemoveElementSearchDesc=CSS selector specifying elements to remove
> > pagemodRemoveAttributeSearchElementsDesc=CSS selector of elements to include
> > 
> > Shouldn't these strings use the same structure? If the answer is yes there are
> > probably other strings with the same problem.

Yes that structure is not consistent, but I don't think it's worth fixing separately.

> > Elements matched by selector: %1$S. Replaces in text nodes: %2$S. Replaces in
> > attributes: %3$S.
> > 
> > Replaces->Replacements?

No. 'replaces' can be a verb, and that's how it's used here.

> > Restarting Firefox...
> > Should use single unicode character instead of "..."

Fixed.

> From Bug 773954 comment 1:
> > Another hardcoded piece of string (comma), found after I realized that I
> > wasn't responsible for that punctuation sign before a conjunction (something
> > you shouldn't do in Italian)
> > 
> > http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/browser/devtools/commandline/gcli.jsm#6677
> > 
> >  <span class="gcli-out-shortcut" onclick="${onclick}" 
> >     ondblclick="${ondblclick}"
> >     data-command="help">help</span>,

Fixed.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: Firefox → DevTools
Product: DevTools → DevTools Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.