Closed Bug 793170 Opened 8 years ago Closed 6 years ago

mountain-lion talos systems using the wrong basedir

Categories

(Infrastructure & Operations Graveyard :: CIDuty, task)

task
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

People

(Reporter: dustin, Unassigned)

References

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

/tools/buildbot-0.8.4-pre-moz2/bin/python2.7 /tools/buildbot/bin/twistd --no_save --logfile /builds/slave/talos-slave/twistd.log --python /builds/slave/talos-slave/buildbot.tac

That should be /builds/slave/buildbot.tac like other slaves.  I'm not sure how/where that went wrong, but we should get it fixed for consistency with other slaves.
Assignee: nobody → kmoir
I've fixed this in  slavealloc
update slaves set basedir="/builds/slave/" where name like "%mtnlion%";

Perhaps I should wait until they have all rebooted and then delete the old buildbot.tac via cssh
A puppet patch could take care of that more easily?
I reverted this change because I was talking to dustin in irc realized this would impact the Apache document root etc.

and he mentioned that for puppet again he was hoping
dustin	I had hoped to change ~cltbld/talos-slave to /build/slave
dustin	but it got changed to /build/slave/talos-slave instead
dustin	(because if we can change it to /builds/slave, then at some point there's no need for a conditional anymore)
Depends on: 795473
So, here's a proposed way to get this fixed:

In puppet,
 1. remove /builds/slave/talos-slave and make it a symlink to /builds/slave
 2. change apache docroot to omit "/talos-slave"
Step 1 will probably need an exec {} - IIRC file {} won't replace a dir with a symlink.

Then, once that's active on the masters, make the change in comment 1 in slavealloc.

After a few weeks, we can remove step 1.

Thoughts?
The new linux testers have this incorrect basedir, too (bug 861200).
Duplicate of this bug: 861831
Product: mozilla.org → Release Engineering
I think we're done here. Kim?
Flags: needinfo?(kmoir)
Not at all - nothing's been changed.
Flags: needinfo?(kmoir)
No, I didn't implement this change.
QA Contact: armenzg → bugspam.Callek
last functional change on this bug was September, I am tossing it back to the buildduty pool. It might better belong in General Automation or Platform Support however.
Assignee: kmoir → nobody
This was more of a "let's make this right before we replicate this mistake everywhere" thing.  We've now replicated the mistake everywhere.  I don't think it's worth fixing at this point.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
Product: Release Engineering → Infrastructure & Operations
Product: Infrastructure & Operations → Infrastructure & Operations Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.