Last Comment Bug 796218 - make sure social docshells are marked as "inactive" by default
: make sure social docshells are marked as "inactive" by default
Product: Firefox
Classification: Client Software
Component: SocialAPI (show other bugs)
: Trunk
: All All
-- normal (vote)
: Firefox 18
Assigned To: :Felipe Gomes (needinfo me!)
: Shane Caraveo (:mixedpuppy)
Depends on: 766616
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2012-10-01 17:09 PDT by :Gavin Sharp [email:]
Modified: 2013-12-27 14:26 PST (History)
6 users (show)
See Also:
Crash Signature:
QA Whiteboard:
Iteration: ---
Points: ---
Has Regression Range: ---
Has STR: ---

Patch (1.04 KB, patch)
2012-10-01 21:29 PDT, :Felipe Gomes (needinfo me!)
jaws: review+
Details | Diff | Splinter Review

Description User image :Gavin Sharp [email:] 2012-10-01 17:09:27 PDT
In bug 784238 and bug 779360 we made the social panels all set their docshell's "active" property according to their display state, so that the mozSocial API could use it to determine visibility.

In those bugs it looks like we didn't do anything to ensure that the default state for the hidden panels is "inactive" - we should do that, since the "active" property also controls whether tabs are throttled ("background" tabs get fewer resources).

This should just involve setting isActive = false in the initialization code for all of the panels.
Comment 1 User image :Felipe Gomes (needinfo me!) 2012-10-01 21:29:29 PDT
Created attachment 666841 [details] [diff] [review]

Obvious patch, builds on top of the patch from bug 766616
Comment 2 User image Asa Dotzler [:asa] 2012-10-05 10:26:34 PDT
If this needs to land for v1, let's be sure to land it ASAP.
Comment 3 User image :Felipe Gomes (needinfo me!) 2012-10-05 18:00:23 PDT
Comment 4 User image Phil Ringnalda (:philor) 2012-10-05 20:29:19 PDT
Backed out in because something in the push was hitting "browser_frameworker.js | sub-test testEarlyClose failed: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.nukeSandbox]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/FrameWorker.jsm :: terminate :: line 239" data: no]" and "browser_frameworker.js | check that websockets worked - Got FAILED calling WebSocket constructor: TypeError: WebSocket is not a constructor, expected ok" and I didn't know which (though I presume bug 790201), and didn't know interconnectedness among them.
Comment 5 User image Mark Hammond [:markh] 2012-10-06 00:09:05 PDT
Comment 6 User image Ed Morley [:emorley] 2012-10-06 12:42:06 PDT
Comment 7 User image :Felipe Gomes (needinfo me!) 2012-10-07 03:56:56 PDT
fixed in aurora with cset

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.