Last Comment Bug 802908 - Change Settings > Help & Feedback feedback links
: Change Settings > Help & Feedback feedback links
Status: VERIFIED FIXED
: late-l10n
Product: Firefox OS
Classification: Client Software
Component: Gaia::Settings (show other bugs)
: unspecified
: Other Gonk (Firefox OS)
: P2 normal (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: :Margaret Leibovic
:
:
Mentors:
Depends on: 815257
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-10-17 18:12 PDT by [:Cww]
Modified: 2013-01-03 12:00 PST (History)
13 users (show)
See Also:
Crash Signature:
(edit)
QA Whiteboard:
Iteration: ---
Points: ---
+


Attachments
Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/6564 (246 bytes, text/html)
2012-11-21 16:42 PST, :Margaret Leibovic
fabien: review+
Details

Description [:Cww] 2012-10-17 18:12:13 PDT
The feedback link is:

http://input.mozilla.org/feedback

We'll be updating that link in the coming weeks to be a B2G friendly site for giving feedback and maintaining that link going forward in the Input 2.0 rewrite.

The current directive to call us should be removed.

Proposed text (CCing Larissa for comments):

Give us feedback: http://input.mozilla.org/feedback

or (preferred) to have just a button that says [GIVE MOZILLA FEEDBACK] or something like that which takes you to the above link.
Comment 1 Larissa Co [:lco] 2012-10-18 09:45:40 PDT
(In reply to [:Cww] from comment #0)
> The feedback link is:
> 
> http://input.mozilla.org/feedback
> 
> We'll be updating that link in the coming weeks to be a B2G friendly site
> for giving feedback and maintaining that link going forward in the Input 2.0
> rewrite.

Just to make sure, you'd like us to remove the first link that says "Online support" and replace it with the "Give Mozilla Feedback" button, right? We talked about a couple of ideas yesterday for a feedback app so I wanted to double-check.

If it's a feedback button only, does it make sense to add it to Settings > Device > Help Make Firefox OS better? If we do this, then we can turn "Help and Feedback" to just "Support" to differentiate the two links.

> 
> The current directive to call us should be removed.

Yes. Remove links to calling support.
> 
> Proposed text (CCing Larissa for comments):
> 
> Give us feedback: http://input.mozilla.org/feedback
> 
> or (preferred) to have just a button that says [GIVE MOZILLA FEEDBACK] or
> something like that which takes you to the above link.

I prefer to make it a button as well. The button text can be "Send Mozilla Feedback" or "Send Us Feedback" if that's too long.
Comment 2 [:Cww] 2012-10-18 11:05:39 PDT
I'm not sure, that depends on what UX will think works better.

I think we want to keep the Online support link to telefonica. This is just about removing the call support option and adding a [send feedback] button.

Let's move the discussion of moving the feedback button to a new bug and see what UX wants around that.
Comment 3 Michelle Luna 2012-10-19 10:26:48 PDT
Hi Larissa,

We do need to keep the Online Support: placeholder and the Call Support: placeholder.

I will have the correct Telefonica link and phone number asap, so please don't remove these, we have agreed to it with TEF Support and Ops already. 

Thanks,
Michelle
Comment 4 [:Cww] 2012-11-16 15:43:12 PST
Ok, just to reclarify.  This bug is about adding feedback links:

1) Preferred:

A button (like the user guide button) that says. [SEND MOZILLA FEEDBACK]. The button goes to http://input.mozilla.org/feedback

2) Slightly less preferred:

A link (like the Online support link):

Send Mozilla feedback: input.mozilla.org/feedback
Comment 5 Michelle Luna 2012-11-20 10:22:08 PST
Here is an update from TEF on the link target and support number for vivo:

the contact info for Vivo is

 

*8486 or 1058

 

And the url

 

http://www.vivo.com.br/portalweb/appmanager/env/web?_nfls=false&_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vcAtendMovelBook&WT.ac=portal.atendimento.movel

 

As we comment last week this url will change to something more friendly like www.vivo.com.br/firefoxos and will point to the firefox microsite
Comment 6 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 10:51:44 PST
Larissa, do you have a wireframe of how this page should look to include all these pieces? Right now there's also a "User guide" button that doesn't do anything for me.

And this change will require string changes, which aren't supposed to be happening anymore :/
Comment 7 Michelle Luna 2012-11-21 12:34:54 PST
Hi Margaret!

Sorry about this, I appreciate your help. I'm in SF today if you want to meet or I'm happy to chat over vidyo/skype. 

Ok, so to pull this all together into one coherent request, this is what we need on the Settings > Help & Feedback screen :

Online support: Vivo (links to 
http://www.vivo.com.br/portalweb/appmanager/env/web?_nfls=false&_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vcAtendMovelBook&WT.ac=portal.atendimento.movel)

Call support: *8486 or 1058 

No change to User Guide button or link target, the User Guide button is correctly implemented and perfect.

Add a new button below with the text "Send Mozilla Feedback" (links to http://input.mozilla.org/feedback)

The new button request is obviously outside of string freeze, which was an oversight on our part, so we are hoping to 'ride it along' with these changes if at all possible.
Comment 8 Michelle Luna 2012-11-21 12:41:37 PST
Hi again,

The User Guide button was working in a prior build, here is the related bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=799786

It is just like the in-prod links we have in Firefox for Android, where it is a redirected thing, it really was working last week.
Comment 9 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 13:22:01 PST
Thanks for the quick response! I'm WFH today, but the outline above is great. I'll try to make a patch for this now so that we can land strings ASAP.

It seems that the issue with the User Guide button for me is that I don't have a 'deviceinfo.os' setting set. This may just be something that gets set while creating released builds, so I won't worry about it (if you notice the button does fail to work, please file a separate bug and I can help investigate).
Comment 10 Larissa Co [:lco] 2012-11-21 14:27:11 PST
Margaret, here's what the page should look like: http://people.mozilla.com/~lco/Settings_B2G/Release_1_Specs/R1_Device_v3.pdf

See page 20 onwards.

The link for "Send Mozilla Feedback" should be the first entry in the "Improve Firefox OS" settings page instead.
Comment 11 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 15:06:03 PST
(In reply to Michelle Luna from comment #7)

> Call support: *8486 or 1058 

Michelle and I were discussing this on IRC - having two separate numbers messes up the UX for tapping on the entire section opening the link. Also, having a UI that supports one or more numbers is more complicated to implement than just having one number, so having one number would make things easier. Alternately, it would also be easy to implement two phone number rows with different labels. I feel like we should follow up with TEF to find out what the difference is between the two numbers to see if either of these are possibilities.

(In reply to Larissa Co from comment #10)
> Margaret, here's what the page should look like:
> http://people.mozilla.com/~lco/Settings_B2G/Release_1_Specs/R1_Device_v3.pdf
> 
> See page 20 onwards.
> 
> The link for "Send Mozilla Feedback" should be the first entry in the
> "Improve Firefox OS" settings page instead.

According to this mock-up, this section should be labeled "Help" instead of "Help & Feedback". Should I fix that as well?
Comment 12 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 15:09:54 PST
(In reply to Larissa Co from comment #10)

> The link for "Send Mozilla Feedback" should be the first entry in the
> "Improve Firefox OS" settings page instead.

Should this be a link or a button?
Comment 13 Chris Lee [:clee] 2012-11-21 15:30:11 PST
I would recommend it be a button, but Larissa can confirm.
Comment 14 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 15:32:46 PST
I have a WIP here: https://github.com/leibovic/gaia/commit/f8c536538d96a6af37ffbe2d1a1c2069955faf6f

This patch:
* Adds "Send Mozilla Feedback" button to the top of "Improve Firefox OS" http://cl.ly/image/1F2G2p0o1P2Y
* Renames "Help & Feedback" section to "Help"
* Updates links in "Help" section

For now, I just used the first phone number as the "Call support:" number. I can work on making two separate number links, but they'll end up being pretty small hit targets.
Comment 15 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 16:35:54 PST
(In reply to Margaret Leibovic [:margaret] from comment #11)
> (In reply to Michelle Luna from comment #7)
> 
> > Call support: *8486 or 1058 
> 
> Michelle and I were discussing this on IRC - having two separate numbers
> messes up the UX for tapping on the entire section opening the link. Also,
> having a UI that supports one or more numbers is more complicated to
> implement than just having one number, so having one number would make
> things easier. Alternately, it would also be easy to implement two phone
> number rows with different labels. I feel like we should follow up with TEF
> to find out what the difference is between the two numbers to see if either
> of these are possibilities.

It turned out it wasn't too hard to implement the two separate phone numbers. The only thing we're sacrificing is the larger tap target. Additionally, I tested that localizes can leave the strings for the "or <second phone number>" part blank, and that will make it so that only one phone number shows up nicely.
Comment 16 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-21 16:42:18 PST
Created attachment 684229 [details]
Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/6564

The one thing about this patch I'm not too fond of is the one-off styling of the support links, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with magical markup structure :)

Here's a desktop B2G screenshot for those interested: http://cl.ly/image/1p371x2B1S2z
Comment 17 Fabien Cazenave [:kaze] 2012-11-22 03:23:13 PST
Your patch looks OK but I’m not sure we can have operator-specific strings in the Settings l10n resources. Vivien, should we use an operator-specific setting instead?
Comment 18 Vivien Nicolas (:vingtetun) (:21) - (NOT reading bugmails, needinfo? please) 2012-11-22 03:48:10 PST
(In reply to Fabien Cazenave [:kaze] from comment #17)
> Your patch looks OK but I’m not sure we can have operator-specific strings
> in the Settings l10n resources. Vivien, should we use an operator-specific
> setting instead?

I would like to add such links to a custom/ folder. Same as the browser bookmarks. Sounds ok for me for now.
Comment 19 Fabien Cazenave [:kaze] 2012-11-26 06:29:47 PST
Comment on attachment 684229 [details]
Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/6564

https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/b6fabd2aac658c6fd579444532e722c9030d95b1

We’ll move the operator-specific strings to another directory later…
Comment 20 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-26 11:30:17 PST
(In reply to Fabien Cazenave [:kaze] from comment #19)
> Comment on attachment 684229 [details]
> Link to https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/6564
> 
> https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/
> b6fabd2aac658c6fd579444532e722c9030d95b1
> 
> We’ll move the operator-specific strings to another directory later…

Thanks for the review. I filed bug 815257 about this, but I'm not sure exactly what we'd want that directory structure to look like.
Comment 21 Larissa Co [:lco] 2012-11-26 16:45:25 PST
> According to this mock-up, this section should be labeled "Help" instead of
> "Help & Feedback". Should I fix that as well?

Yes please. It was called "Help & Feedback" until we moved Feedback to "Improve Firefox OS"
Comment 22 Larissa Co [:lco] 2012-11-26 16:47:06 PST
(In reply to Chris Lee [:clee] from comment #13)
> I would recommend it be a button, but Larissa can confirm.

Yes, a button would be great. Text remains "Send Mozilla Feedback"
Comment 23 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-11-26 16:51:52 PST
(In reply to Larissa Co from comment #21)
> > According to this mock-up, this section should be labeled "Help" instead of
> > "Help & Feedback". Should I fix that as well?
> 
> Yes please. It was called "Help & Feedback" until we moved Feedback to
> "Improve Firefox OS"

Great, this fix was part of my patch.

(In reply to Larissa Co from comment #22)
> (In reply to Chris Lee [:clee] from comment #13)
> > I would recommend it be a button, but Larissa can confirm.
> 
> Yes, a button would be great. Text remains "Send Mozilla Feedback"

This, too :)
Comment 24 Fernando Pereira Silveira 2012-12-06 05:47:57 PST
As a pt-BR localizer, should I assume those are the final values or the online support link is still temporary?


online-support.href=http://www.vivo.com.br/portalweb/appmanager/env/web?_nfls=false&_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vcAtendMovelBook&WT.ac=portal.atendimento.movel

call-support-link-1.href=tel:*8486

call-support-link-2.href=tel:1058
Comment 25 :Margaret Leibovic 2012-12-07 10:39:51 PST
Michelle, how should localizers handle these urls/phone numbers? Will the operators update those themselves?
Comment 26 Deepa Subramanian 2013-01-03 12:00:26 PST
verified on unagi build id:  20130103070201

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.