Closed Bug 1094271 Opened 5 years ago Closed 5 years ago

Audio vanishes from youtube videos with MSE enabled

Categories

(Core :: Audio/Video, defect)

36 Branch
x86_64
Windows 8.1
defect
Not set

Tracking

()

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

People

(Reporter: akulle12, Unassigned)

References

(Blocks 1 open bug)

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0
Build ID: 20141105030203

Steps to reproduce:

Play a video from Youtube with Media Source Extensions enabled and then replay the video.


Actual results:

The audio of the video does not play when I have hit the replay button.
Blocks: youtube-mse
Hardware: x86 → x86_64
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0 ID:20141105030203 CSet: 62990ec7ad78

Yep, I can confirm having seen the same issue several times before.
Blocks: MSE
I'm failing to reproduce.

How reproducible is this for you?

Any particular video?
(In reply to Karl Tomlinson (:karlt) from comment #2)
> I'm failing to reproduce.
Replay the video after you've watched it. Hitting the replay button or just rewinding it to the start causes the bug to happen.
> Any particular video?
This has happened on every video I've tested.
Okay, apparently this has been fixed since I can't reproduce this bug anymore.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Closed: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(In reply to akulle12 from comment #4)
> Okay, apparently this has been fixed since I can't reproduce this bug
> anymore.

I'm still experiencing this issue especially with 720p videos! in order to reproduce it play a video for at-least 5 minutes pause it and then rewind (not necessarily from the beginning) try this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMhqM3XEbA
(In reply to Achwaq Khalid from comment #5
> I'm still experiencing this issue especially with 720p videos! in order to
> reproduce it play a video for at-least 5 minutes pause it and then rewind
> (not necessarily from the beginning) try this one
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMhqM3XEbA
I did everything you said, tried all resolutions and I still couldn't reproduce the bug. Are you using the latest Nightly?
(In reply to akulle12 from comment #6)
> I did everything you said, tried all resolutions and I still couldn't
> reproduce the bug. Are you using the latest Nightly?

This is indeed a tricky bug! i'm having issues with that same video at this minute. As of Nightly it's updated once per day if not 2 to 3 times sometimes. you might also wanna check this same bug that i reported earlier https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1067558
You see in here! the network monitor indicates 0 network activity which means no buffering at all! even the comment section is not loading
(In reply to Achwaq Khalid from comment #8)
> Created attachment 8519258 [details]
> ScreenHunter_636 Nov. 07 23.01.jpg
> 
> You see in here! the network monitor indicates 0 network activity which
> means no buffering at all! even the comment section is not loading
Maybe it's a problem on your end? Try to disable some add-ons like Adblock Plus.
(In reply to akulle12 from comment #9)
> (In reply to Achwaq Khalid from comment #8)
> Maybe it's a problem on your end? Try to disable some add-ons like Adblock
> Plus.

Already did as it was suggested in here https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1083460
i really don't think it's an isolated issue since a lot of related bugs are still being reported https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1095778
(In reply to Achwaq Khalid from comment #10)
> Already did as it was suggested in here
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1083460
Well, I don't know.. Try to create a new profile? It just works fine for me.
This is happening to me too. Usually when seeking to a different part of the video or when replaying it. But it doesn't happen immediately, usually after a few seconds - it's pretty random. Sometimes seeking to the part where/after it vanishes fixes it.

For example when first watching this video to the end it works fine. But if i replay it or seek to a time before 30 seconds the audio vanishes at 30 seconds. However if i seek to 30 seconds or above, it works fine. Pretty weird.

I tried it multiple times and it happened every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODrKQ8YpXrM
Tried it few more times audio worked fine, picture froze instead, at a different time.
Weird.
This sounds like a variant of bug 1089937 which in turn is caused by bug bug 1062055. I'd be interested in knowing if the patch in 1089937 fixes the issue for you, if you are able to do your own builds.
That's exactly what's happening here.

I gave it few more tries and now it's happening for both audio and video. Now when it hits 15 seconds the image freezes and when it hits 30 seconds (when the audio goes out) it just jumps to the end of the video (1:19).

I'd love to try but unfortunately i don't know how to do that.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.