Closed Bug 1301940 Opened 3 years ago Closed 3 years ago
compare-locales is not processing mozilla/devtools/client for Sea
SeaMonkey's l10n.ini has an entry for mozilla/devtools/client https://dxr.mozilla.org/comm-central/source/suite/locales/l10n.ini#12 but when you run a compare-locales against that l10n.ini file it is not picking up any required changes running against Firefox's l10n.ini it does Steps to reproduce: 1. Have comm repo and locale repo where there are known changes in devtools/client needed 2. Run compare-locales between the two repos for Firefox's l10n.ini file 3. Run compare-locales between the two repos for SeaMonkey's l10n.ini file Expected result: 1. The devtools/client changes are the same for both compare-locales runs Actual result: 1. No changes showing for devtools/client for the SeaMonkey compare-locales run Workaround: 1. Always do the Firefox compare-locales run first and update locale for devtools/client before doing the SeaMonkey compare-locales
compare-locales in its current config options doesn't support cross-repo directories, just cross-repo includes. We're currently in the process of redesigning the configuration of compare-locales, and I can add this to the wish list. If you want to fix this before, you'll need to add an l10n.ini to devtools/client, and include that from suite/locales/l10n.ini.
When sanitizing the l10n.ini files, I removed the edits from bug 1223338. I can't see how they would have worked, tbh. What we need is a l10n.ini in devtools/client/locales, and then import that. I filed bug 1305206 to get the l10n.ini created.
Comment on attachment 8794502 [details] bug 1301940, including devtools/client for SeaMonkey, https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/80932/#review79598 r/a=me
Comment on attachment 8794502 [details] bug 1301940, including devtools/client for SeaMonkey, https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/80932/#review79600
Attachment #8794502 - Flags: review+
https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/d0061f4bceb92a21de92bbdcabbd11bf978e6f53, now that bug 1305206 is fixed.
Assignee: nobody → l10n
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 3 years ago
Component: compare-locales → Build Config
Product: Localization Infrastructure and Tools → SeaMonkey
Resolution: --- → FIXED
> l10n-aurora.ini l10n-beta.ini l10n-central.ini Are these files used? If not they should be removed to avoid confusion. NI: ewong and adrian
These files are used by the l10n dashboard. And yes, all three need the same fix, reopening. Sorry for the oversight. I'll come up with a follow-up patch tomorrow.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
https://hg.mozilla.org/comm-central/rev/55af8d226425f16cc78c8a2973ca2afbb6fc1af5 landed the follow-up with r/a=me, as they only affect the l10n dashboard, and confirmed that they show the intended data there. Does this need uplifts? If so, it should be done for both patches.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Closed: 3 years ago → 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(In reply to Axel Hecht [:Pike] from comment #9) > Does this need uplifts? If so, it should be done for both patches. +1 If it was bug 1182722 that broke this (?), then they even need uplift to 45. Are there broken strings in the ESR?
Yes, it will need uplift, assuming the m-c patch is too. Though don't the l10n-aurora.ini l10n-beta.ini changes already require m-b and m-a to be patched?
Flags: needinfo?(iann_bugzilla) → needinfo?(l10n)
Yes, if this needs uplift, so does the devtools bug this depends on, even for the patch to l10n.ini.
(In reply to Axel Hecht [:Pike] from comment #12) > Yes, if this needs uplift, so does the devtools bug this depends on, even > for the patch to l10n.ini. As the patch author, please request uplift here and on bug 1305206 in that case. Thanks!
Comment on attachment 8794502 [details] bug 1301940, including devtools/client for SeaMonkey, [Approval Request Comment] Regression caused by (bug #): see bug 1305206 User impact if declined: broken strings Testing completed (on m-c, etc.): yes Risk to taking this patch (and alternatives if risky): low Please only uplift after the uplift has happened in bug 1305206
Comment on attachment 8794502 [details] bug 1301940, including devtools/client for SeaMonkey, a=me
jorgk: more material for your next c-a/c-b pushes ;)
C-A: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-aurora/rev/b55b11a021eacc22460a25708e9d3584279277b2 C-B: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/comm-beta/rev/2d248210cfeae43757dded4619b2ee9e8e3d7c29 The patch didn't apply to beta, so I did it by hand, I hope I got it right, please check. Please set tracking flags as appropriate, I always get confused with SM version numbers.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.