User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Fedora; Linux x86_64; rv:69.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/69.0
Steps to reproduce:
On Linux using Wayland, sometimes Firefox doesn't repaint the window content when I switch to a new tab, or only the top of the window is repainted. My GPU is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Skylake GT2)".
Steps to reproduce:
Enable Wayland. For example, to test my tests, I type this command in a terminal (in the directory of Firefox nightly): MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1 ./firefox -safe-mode -ProfileManager -no-remote
Get Firefox nightly ("71.0a1 (2019-09-09) (64-bit)"), or latest (stable) Firefox (69.0) from mozilla.org, or run Firefox of Fedora 30 (Firefox 69.0 (64-bit), package: firefox-69.0-2.fc30.x86_64)
Open multiple tabs. I'm using:
Switch between tabs: sometimes, the windows is only partially repainted or not updated at all. For example, if I come from LinuxFR and goes to LWN, the old LinuxFR content stays. But if I move my mouse cursor, the content is slowly painted by my mouse. Or using ALT-tab twice repaint fully the full window.
If the bug doesn't occur, try to scroll in a page and switch to other tabs multiple times
If the bug doesn't occur, switch to a different application than Firefox using ALT-tab and use the application, and then try to again to switch to other tabs
In an old bug, I found another method which also managed to reproduce my bug and looks simpler and more reliable, bz #1157784:
- Open the build (firefox.exe -console) with a clean profile.
- Go to https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Gigapixel_images_from_the_Google_Art_Project.
- Middle click on the first 6 pictures to open them in new tabs (pictures will open on pages with a much smaller preview, so NOT at full size).
- Switch to the console window
- Click one of the undisplayed tabs
- If the paints don't stop, switch back to the the console window
- Click one of the other undisplayed tabs
- Repeat until the browser stops painting
Attached screenshots show Firefox when the window is only partially repainted (like top 5 cm of the window). I took a photo using my phone since taking a screenshot repaints the windows.