After upgrading to Mozilla 1.2 can't use eBay




HTML: Parser
16 years ago
16 years ago


(Reporter: Steevithak, Unassigned)



Other Branch
Windows NT

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)





16 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.2) Gecko/20021126
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.2) Gecko/20021126

After upgrading to Mozilla 1.2 I am no longer able to click on any of the text
or image map links in the upper menu area of the ebay index page. In particular
I can no longer access "my eBay". When I click on any of these links, there is
no activity (Mozilla does nothing, no cpu utilization). I have checked this on
two systems so far: Windows NT 4.0 and Red Hat Linux 6.x, both with the same
result. Oddly, the text menu at the *bottom* of the eBay page still works in
Mozilla and the upper menu bars on some interior pages still work even though
they appear identical to the one on the index page.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Go to
2. Click "my ebay" link at top right of page
3. wait

Actual Results:  
Nothing happens

Expected Results:  
Present the my eBay login dialog
wfm with win2k build 20021125..

Please clear the disk cache and try again.
If that doesn't work create an additional test profile.

Comment 2

16 years ago
Tried clearing the cache - no change. I also tried some other boxes here at the
office and discovered that the problem doesn't seem to affect Win2K. Here's what
I've found so far:

 Red Hat Linux 6.x - doesn't work
 Red Hat Linux 7.x - doesn't work
 Windows NT 4.0 - doesn't work
 Windows 2000 - works fine

Unfortunately I don't have access to a WinXP or RH8 box. I've tried clearing the
cache, rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling. No go.

Comment 3

16 years ago
I can confirm the same behavior under windows and redhat.  Both the myebay, site
map, sign in bar and the browse, sell, services bar are unresponsive to clicks

Comment 4

16 years ago
*** Bug 182368 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 5

16 years ago
reassign, importing kw
Assignee: asa → other
Component: Browser-General → Layout
Ever confirmed: true
Keywords: mozilla1.3
QA Contact: asa → ian

Comment 6

16 years ago
Same problem here with and But only on the index pages.
If you are in a category, article or another ebay Page the links work.
Tested on 2 Win2000 Systems.

Comment 7

16 years ago
Same here.  Windows 98 SE, upgrade from moz 1.0 release which previously worked 

Comment 8

16 years ago
New Installation, new Profile, nothing taken over from older installations: 
Mozilla 1.2 on Windows 98SE:
Same Problem, it doesn't work.
dbaron: Could this be a regression from  bug 167493 ?
Yep.  (Note that the whole imagemap image has a cursor change rather than just
the part that should.) 
Component: Layout → Parser
Depends on: 182500
Version: Trunk → Other Branch

Comment 11

16 years ago works now!
Seems that they have changed something on their site. still won't work.

Comment 12

16 years ago
*** Bug 182560 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 13

16 years ago
*** Bug 182588 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 14

16 years ago
Same problem for me on build 20021126.

Comment 15

16 years ago
I reported one of the dupes for my ebay link, moz1.2/w2k.


16 years ago
Keywords: regression
I can confirm initial bug report on Mozilla 1.2 release on Windows 2000 SP3
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2) Gecko/20021126); this entry page worked with Mozilla 1.1 (milestone release) and Phoenix 0.4
milestone release.

Another good test is the entry page of on Mozilla
1.1 and Phoenix 0.4 the top of the page and the horizontal menu displayed and
acted normally, while Mozilla 1.2 just displays a set of broken image icons.

Oddly enough, when I save the HTML source for the latter URL from Phoenix 0.4
and Mozilla 1.2 to compare them, they both match! How could the images not
display then?
O.K., another bug report led me to the Nov. 30 test version of 1.2.1
(Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130) which
now works correctly on both of the sites mentioned in comment #16.

Comment 18

16 years ago
1.2.1/w2k now works for me, this is the platform/config that was failing
for me before.  I suggest we mark this fixed.
I have tested that this bug was an instance of bug 182500 / bug 182253 based on
comparison of two Linux builds compiled with gcc 3.2.  This bug was present in
the 1.2 release and was the only bug fixed in the 1.2.1 release (and the reason
for the 1.2.1 release).

Marking this bug as fixed since it should be fixed in the 1.2.1 release.
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 20

16 years ago
Just tested with 1.2.1 and can confirm the bug is gone for all the platforms I
original reported it present on. 
*** Bug 183805 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 184677 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.