Closed Bug 594788 Opened 9 years ago Closed 9 years ago

Contributors from about dialog should be merged to about:credits

Categories

(www.mozilla.org :: General, defect)

defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: mak, Assigned: gerv)

References

Details

Attachments

(2 files, 1 obsolete file)

Bug 579547 is removing the contributors part from the about dialog, to rely more on about:credits, but about:credits is far from being updated. a Lot of contributors added to the about dialog are missing (people like dietrich or shawn cannot be missing there). I guess most of the FX team is missing too.

I simple plan could be to merge contents of the about dialog into about:credits.
Tentatively assigning to Gerv for evaluation.
and probably a link to about:credits could be added back in the new dialog, once this is done.
I think this is a website bug as about:credits just displays http://www.mozilla.org/credits/ as far as I know.

I also seem to remember that there was supposed to be a difference between the people listed in the About box and the people listed in about:credits. People who helped this Firefox release vs people who have ever helped Mozilla maybe.
(In reply to comment #2)
> I think this is a website bug as about:credits just displays
> http://www.mozilla.org/credits/ as far as I know.

Correct. Moving to proper component.

> I also seem to remember that there was supposed to be a difference between the
> people listed in the About box and the people listed in about:credits. People
> who helped this Firefox release vs people who have ever helped Mozilla maybe.

Also correct. about:credits != about box list of credits.
Assignee: bugzilla → gerv
Component: General → www.mozilla.org
Product: Firefox → Websites
QA Contact: general → www-mozilla-org
Version: Trunk → unspecified
(In reply to comment #1)
> and probably a link to about:credits could be added back in the new dialog,
> once this is done.

This shouldn't block that being done.
So, when people get added to about:credits, we like them to provide a citation explaining what they've done. 
http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/mozilla.org/trunk/credits/index.html?view=log

However, in this particular case, we shouldn't block on that. So here's what I propose. I'll do a blog post (syndicated to planet) and a mozilla.dev.planning post which says:

"The About box credits are going away, so about:credits needs to pick up the slack. We like to give people a little "shout out" when checking their names in, like this:

<examples>

If you are in the About dialog credits list for Firefox 3.6, and not yet in about:credits, please email me a citation and we'll get you added."

A little before the release, we'll batch-add anyone who hasn't sent me something. But this way, as many people as possible get to have a citation.

Sound OK?

Gerv
sounds like a plan, go for it!
See Also: → 596487
Blocks: 601049
Is there an update on this? Presumably this should block 4.0 at some point?
I made the blog post, and have had a pile of submissions. I'm adding them in batches; there are currently 26 messages in that folder.

It would be very helpful if someone were to write a quick script to search in about:credits for all the names from the About box, and list those not present.

Gerv
Attached file List of missing contributors (obsolete) —
Script requires lxml and was written for Python 2.6.
http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/3107b21225e8/browser/base/content/credits.xhtml should be the last version of credits.xhtml before it got removed (there are a few merges after that, but they didn't actually change anything in this file).
OK, I just did all the ones in my queue. Dirkjan: are you able to update your list based on the latest about:credits, please? I will then merge the names in it.

Gerv
Last time around there wasn't time to take out people who should not be in the credits.  Can we please take the time to do that this time?
Here's a fresh list, obtained using the same script.

I wonder, though, since I'm not listed, did my email not make the cut?
Attachment #493352 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Dirkjan: have you sent an email to credits@mozilla.org with the necessary info? If so, I don't think I've had it...

Gerv
Attachment #504694 - Attachment mime type: text/plain → text/plain;charset=UTF-8
Ah, found it: apparently I sent it to credits@mozilla.com (note the domain). Will resend to .org, hope it can still go in before 4.0 release.
Duplicate of this bug: 634151
Firefox 4 is in the RC stage, and people are going to be looking for their names. Can this happen soon?
Question: Should Mozilla employees be on this list (somewhat by default)? In the current dialog there are a ton of people missing...
Comment on attachment 504694 [details]
List of missing contributors

>Lucas Adamski
>Sean Alamares
>Pedro Alves
>David Anderson
>Harvey Anderson
>Rob Arnold
>Chris AtLee
>Dietrich Ayala
>Rhian Baker
>Jeff Balogh
>Jan Bambas
>Rey Bango
>Colin Barrett
>Bo Bayles
>Christopher Beard
>Juan Becerra
>Brian Behlendorf
>Mic Berman
>Seth Bindernagel
>Lukas Blakk
>Jim Blandy
>Chris Blizzard
>Carsten Book
>Paul Booker
>Dan Born
>Ondřej Brablc
>Catherine Brady
>Dave Bragsalla
>Alex Buchanan
>Igor Bukanov
>Simon Bünzli
>Regis Caspar
>Garrett Casto
>Tony Chang
>Emily Chen
>Adam Christian
>Wil Clouser
>Mary Colvig
>Majken Connor
>Eric Cooper
>John Daggett
>David Dahl
>Michael Davis
>Neil Deakin
>Julie Deroche
>Aakash Desai
>Ryan Doherty
>Justin Dolske
>Joe Drew
>Karsten Düsterloh
>Daniel Einspanjer
>Steve England
>Behdad Esfahbod
>Elika Etemad
>Anthony Evans
>Jason Evans
>Jane Finette
>Mark Finkle
>Jayson Fittipaldi
>Justin Fitzhugh
>Ryan Flint
>Alix Franquet
>Eli Friedman
>Andreas Gal
>Steven Garrity
>Kevin Gerich
>Taras Glek
>Aravind Gottipati
>Dão Gottwald
>Zak Greant
>Will Guaraldi
>Adam Guthrie
>Mohammad Reza Haghighat
>Andrei Hajdukewycz
>Trevor Hardcastle
>Basil Hashem
>Ian Hayward
>Ben Hearsum
>Axel Hecht
>Frank Hecker
>Robert Helmer
>Graydon Hoare
>Timothy Hogan
>Stephen Horlander
>Barbara Hueppe
>David Humphrey
>Takeshi Ichimaru
>Eri Inoue
>Joichi Ito
>Steven Johnson
>Gen Kanai
>Masanori Kaneko
>Mike Kaplinskiy
>Mitch Kapor
>Kazuyoshi Kato
>Tomomi Kato
>Jonathan Kew
>Paul Kim
>Ria Klaassen
>Nelson Ko
>David Lanham
>Brad Lassey
>Delphine Lebédel
>Edward Lee
>Neil Lee
>Garrett LeSage
>Anne-Julie Ligneau
>John Lilly
>Kai Liu
>Lars Lohn
>Bob Lord
>Phil Machalski
>Joel Maher
>David Mandelin
>Sean Martell
>Jim Mathies
>Erica McClure
>Graeme McCutcheon
>Patrick McManus
>Heather Meeker
>Walter Meinl
>Federico Mena-Quintero
>Laura Mesa
>Matthew Middleton
>Dave Miller
>Dan Mills
>Derek Moore
>Mike Morgan
>Tiffney Mortensen
>Michael Moy
>Jeff Muizelaar
>Marria Nazif
>Kev Needham
>Kaori Negoro
>Ben Newman
>Nick Nguyen
>Timothy Nikkel
>Alice Nodelman
>Matthew Noorenberghe
>Robert O'Callahan
>John O'Duinn
>Jan Odvárko
>Tomoyuki Okazaki
>Les Orchard
>Jeremy Orem
>Jason Orendorff
>Jay Patel
>Javier Pedemonte
>Alfred Peng
>Christian Persch
>Ulisse Perusin
>Anthony Piraino
>Alex Polvi
>Dan Portillo
>Karen Prescott
>Florian Quèze
>Krupa Raj
>Arun Ranganathan
>Bret Reckard
>Rick Reitmaier
>Robert Relyea
>John Resig
>Deb Richardson
>Tim Riley
>Phil Ringnalda
>Julien Rivaud
>Mikeal Rogers
>David Rolnitzky
>Asaf Romano
>Paul Rouget
>Alexander Sack
>Hideo Saito
>Atsushi Sakai
>Eiko Sakuma
>Andrei Saprykin
>Aki Sasaki
>Ken Saunders
>Robert Sayre
>Mike Schroepfer
>Kurt Schultz
>Justin Scott
>Hiroshi Sekiya
>Tara Shahian
>Melissa Shapiro
>Eric Shepherd
>Hiroshi Shimoda
>Atsushi Shimono
>Damon Sicore
>John Slater
>Benjamin Smedberg
>Edwin Smith
>Mark Smith
>Window Snyder
>Ian Spence
>Jay Sullivan
>Vicky Sun
>Alexander Surkov
>Mark Surman
>Margaret Tallman
>Laura Thomson
>Karl Tomlinson
>Dave Townsend
>Phong Tran
>Ben Turner
>Amié Tyrrel
>Peter van der Woude
>Teune van Steeg
>Daniel Veditz
>Alexei Volkov
>Vladimir Vukićević
>HÃ¥kan Waara
>Cheng Wang
>Martijn Wargers
>Zack Weinberg
>Frédéric Wenzel
>Shawn Wilsher
>Kathleen Wilson
>Dan Witte
>John Wolfe
>Steve Won
>Justin Wood
>Michael Wu
>Masahiro Yamada
>Satoko Takita Yamaguchi (Chibi)
>Christine Yen
>Shigeru Yoshitake
>Tanner M. Young
>Marco Zehe
>Matthew Zeier
>Anurag Phadke
Comment on attachment 504694 [details]
List of missing contributors

>Lucas Adamski
>Sean Alamares
>Pedro Alves
>David Anderson
>Harvey Anderson
>Rob Arnold
>Chris AtLee
>Dietrich Ayala
>Rhian Baker
>Jeff Balogh
>Jan Bambas
>Rey Bango
>Colin Barrett
>Bo Bayles
>Christopher Beard
>Juan Becerra
>Brian Behlendorf
>Mic Berman
>Seth Bindernagel
>Lukas Blakk
>Jim Blandy
>Chris Blizzard
>Carsten Book
>Paul Booker
>Dan Born
>Ondřej Brablc
>Catherine Brady
>Dave Bragsalla
>Alex Buchanan
>Igor Bukanov
>Simon Bünzli
>Regis Caspar
>Garrett Casto
>Tony Chang
>Emily Chen
>Adam Christian
>Wil Clouser
>Mary Colvig
>Majken Connor
>Eric Cooper
>John Daggett
>David Dahl
>Michael Davis
>Neil Deakin
>Julie Deroche
>Aakash Desai
>Ryan Doherty
>Justin Dolske
>Joe Drew
>Karsten Düsterloh
>Daniel Einspanjer
>Steve England
>Behdad Esfahbod
>Elika Etemad
>Anthony Evans
>Jason Evans
>Jane Finette
>Mark Finkle
>Jayson Fittipaldi
>Justin Fitzhugh
>Ryan Flint
>Alix Franquet
>Eli Friedman
>Andreas Gal
>Steven Garrity
>Kevin Gerich
>Taras Glek
>Aravind Gottipati
>Dão Gottwald
>Zak Greant
>Will Guaraldi
>Adam Guthrie
>Mohammad Reza Haghighat
>Andrei Hajdukewycz
>Trevor Hardcastle
>Basil Hashem
>Ian Hayward
>Ben Hearsum
>Axel Hecht
>Frank Hecker
>Robert Helmer
>Graydon Hoare
>Timothy Hogan
>Stephen Horlander
>Barbara Hueppe
>David Humphrey
>Takeshi Ichimaru
>Eri Inoue
>Joichi Ito
>Steven Johnson
>Gen Kanai
>Masanori Kaneko
>Mike Kaplinskiy
>Mitch Kapor
>Kazuyoshi Kato
>Tomomi Kato
>Jonathan Kew
>Paul Kim
>Ria Klaassen
>Nelson Ko
>David Lanham
>Brad Lassey
>Delphine Lebédel
>Edward Lee
>Neil Lee
>Garrett LeSage
>Anne-Julie Ligneau
>John Lilly
>Kai Liu
>Lars Lohn
>Bob Lord
>Phil Machalski
>Joel Maher
>David Mandelin
>Sean Martell
>Jim Mathies
>Erica McClure
>Graeme McCutcheon
>Patrick McManus
>Heather Meeker
>Walter Meinl
>Federico Mena-Quintero
>Laura Mesa
>Matthew Middleton
>Dave Miller
>Dan Mills
>Derek Moore
>Mike Morgan
>Tiffney Mortensen
>Michael Moy
>Jeff Muizelaar
>Marria Nazif
>Kev Needham
>Kaori Negoro
>Ben Newman
>Nick Nguyen
>Timothy Nikkel
>Alice Nodelman
>Matthew Noorenberghe
>Robert O'Callahan
>John O'Duinn
>Jan Odvárko
>Tomoyuki Okazaki
>Les Orchard
>Jeremy Orem
>Jason Orendorff
>Jay Patel
>Javier Pedemonte
>Alfred Peng
>Christian Persch
>Ulisse Perusin
>Anthony Piraino
>Alex Polvi
>Dan Portillo
>Karen Prescott
>Florian Quèze
>Krupa Raj
>Arun Ranganathan
>Bret Reckard
>Rick Reitmaier
>Robert Relyea
>John Resig
>Deb Richardson
>Tim Riley
>Phil Ringnalda
>Julien Rivaud
>Mikeal Rogers
>David Rolnitzky
>Asaf Romano
>Paul Rouget
>Alexander Sack
>Hideo Saito
>Atsushi Sakai
>Eiko Sakuma
>Andrei Saprykin
>Aki Sasaki
>Ken Saunders
>Robert Sayre
>Mike Schroepfer
>Kurt Schultz
>Justin Scott
>Hiroshi Sekiya
>Tara Shahian
>Melissa Shapiro
>Eric Shepherd
>Hiroshi Shimoda
>Atsushi Shimono
>Damon Sicore
>John Slater
>Benjamin Smedberg
>Edwin Smith
>Mark Smith
>Window Snyder
>Ian Spence
>Jay Sullivan
>Vicky Sun
>Alexander Surkov
>Mark Surman
>Margaret Tallman
>Laura Thomson
>Karl Tomlinson
>Dave Townsend
>Phong Tran
>Ben Turner
>Amié Tyrrel
>Peter van der Woude
>Teune van Steeg
>Daniel Veditz
>Alexei Volkov
>Vladimir Vukićević
>HÃ¥kan Waara
>Cheng Wang
>Martijn Wargers
>Zack Weinberg
>Frédéric Wenzel
>Shawn Wilsher
>Kathleen Wilson
>Dan Witte
>John Wolfe
>Steve Won
>Justin Wood
>Michael Wu
>Masahiro Yamada
>Satoko Takita Yamaguchi (Chibi)
>Christine Yen
>Shigeru Yoshitake
>Tanner M. Young
>Marco Zehe
>Matthew Zeier
>Karen Prescott
Sorry, I told Anurag about this bug by pasting a link to the patch to him and he thought that I was telling him to edit the bug since the link had the word edit in it. :)
(In reply to comment #23)
> Sorry, I told Anurag about this bug by pasting a link to the patch to him and
> he thought that I was telling him to edit the bug since the link had the word
> edit in it. :)

At the risk of being obvious, make sure to get UTF-8 right when adapting that list.
Frédéric, you worry too much ;)
I checked contributers in Japan and sent the list but most of them are not included yet.

Please make it sure these names are included:
Atsushi Sakai
Shaw Hosaka
Joji Ikeda
Kosuke Kaizuka
Hidehiro Kozawa
Hiroki Abe
Hiroyuki Ikezoe
Takeshi Nishimura
Makoto Arai
Hideyuki EMURA
Teiji Matsuba
Shigeki Narisawa
Toshiyuki Oka
Hiroshi Sekiya
Youhei Tooyama
Yuka Takagi

All of these names are written in "GivenName Surname". As for contact e-mail address, I've already sent to gerv with e-mail.
Depends on: 560247
Dave Dash - Firefox Input and Add-ons Webdev Team :)
A couple of names from my team to add to the list in comment #21 & 22:

Lee Tom - graphic design
Laura Forrest - website
(In reply to comment #20)
> Question: Should Mozilla employees be on this list (somewhat by default)? In
> the current dialog there are a ton of people missing...

Yes, we should grab the names from the org chart (https://ldap.mozilla.org/phonebook/tree.php).  There are quite a few people missing from both about:credits and the original attachment who are in the org chart and that way we wouldn't be depending on people happening to see this bug.
I'll sort this all out today.

Gerv
(In reply to comment #20)
> Question: Should Mozilla employees be on this list (somewhat by default)?

No. That is to say, to show that everyone in the community is treated equally, we include people because of their contributions, not because of the fact of their employment. Now anyone we employ almost certainly meets the criteria for inclusion (unless it's their first day) but we want to cite them for their contributions, not for the fact of their employment.

This is why I don't want to do a bulk import from the phone book.

The deprecation of the Firefox-specific list is a one-off event, so I am doing a copy-across there - but I have been encouraging people to nominate and cite themselves, because that's better, and many have.

Gerv
OK, I've added all the names in attachment 504694 [details] that weren't there already, plus the names in comment 26, comment 27 and comment 28. Anyone else who wants their name added should follow the normal procedure, as documented at the bottom of about:credits.

If comment 21 (by aphadke@mozilla.com) or comment 22 (by Karen Prescott) were attempts to add to the list, please submit your name again in the standard way. :-)

Gerv
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
This is a frustrating bug and process.

MANY long-time localizers are not in this list.  Why do we have to submit them again?
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Let me explain in more detail my frustration.  Many people who were already in Credits in the product are not in this list now.

I can respect the sentiment in Comment 31 regarding equal treatment but frankly the impact of missing thanking an important contributor has a greater impact than the process, which has no transparency at this time.

How do we know when the list is updated?  How do we know when you will update the list to reflect newly submitted nominations?  How do we know who is nominated and was not accepted?  And why? Not to mention that many of us could be submitting the same nominations at the same time.
(In reply to comment #33)
> MANY long-time localizers are not in this list.  Why do we have to submit them
> again?

I'm not sure what you mean by "again". Are you saying that these people were on some list inside Firefox (perhaps a locale-specific list) which is now deprecated? If so, point me at that list (or lists) and I'll certainly merge it in just like I did with the big list. There is no intention here to disadvantage anyone who has been credited in Firefox in the past.

(In reply to comment #34)
> How do we know when the list is updated?  

http://viewvc.svn.mozilla.org/vc/projects/mozilla.org/trunk/credits/index.html?view=log

And also I reply by email to each nomination telling the person I have processed it.

> How do we know when you will update
> the list to reflect newly submitted nominations?  

I do it in batches, normally a few months apart - but obviously I am doing it daily at the moment because there are a lot of nominations coming in and we are close to a major release of a Mozilla product.

> How do we know who is
> nominated and was not accepted?  And why? 

You don't; it might be embarrassing for someone to have the fact publicised that his application was turned down (or rather, he was asked to reapply when he had made some more contributions, which is what I usually say).

It is extremely rare (I can't think of an instance) where someone was nominated by someone else and not accepted. In the case of self-nomination, sometimes I reply asking for more evidence of their contribution (e.g. they say "add me", and they send the request from an email address without a Bugzilla account, so I have no evidence they've actually done anything). When that happens, sometimes people never reply. 

More commonly, someone applies who does not fit the criteria (as given at the bottom of about:credits), e.g. "I installed Firefox on the computers of all my friends - please add me!". There is also a "significance" threshold, although very few people indeed who take the time to apply fail it. 

> Not to mention that many of us could
> be submitting the same nominations at the same time.

That has not been a problem in the past, and certainly isn't a problem if you encourage people to nominate themselves :-) This is best, because each person knows best about their own contributions, and what they consider to be their most significant ones.

Gerv
For each locale, see http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central/ab-CD/raw-file/tip/browser/defines.inc (where ab-CD is a locale code). Need to ensure the MOZ_LANGPACK_CREATOR and people listed in MOZ_LANGPACK_CONTRIBUTORS are in the credits.
(In reply to comment #35)

Gerv: It'd be great to publish your general process somewhere. I've never really wondered (mostly because I assumed exactly what you wrote), but I'm sure there are people who read about:credits and aren't sure of how it works. Maybe something like /credits/guidelines/?
OK, I've merged all the people who are individually listed in the large set of files given by reed in comment 36, and whose names were in some vaguely Latin script. (Historical practice has been to put in romanized names.) There were a few locales which used native script - they are bg, sr, fa, ar, ru, ml, ka and mk. There were some others which just put in a website link.

Because Sam asked for it, I have also put up this as a draft:
http://www.mozilla.org/credits/faq/

Comments welcome by email or in mozilla.governance, but please don't reopen this bug. I would again encourage anyone who wants to be added to follow the procedure at the bottom of about:credits.

Gerv
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Closed: 9 years ago9 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(In reply to comment #38)
> There were a
> few locales which used native script - they are bg, sr, fa, ar, ru, ml, ka and
> mk.

I can help with fa.

Here's the full list (some of the names might already be on the list):

Behnam Esfahbod (already on the list)
Meelad Zakaria
Masoud Ahmadzadeh
Niousha Bolandzadeh
Roozbeh Pournader (already on the list)
Hooshmand Hasannia
Sara Khalatbari
Alireza Kheirkhahan
Farzaneh Sarafraz
Elnaz Sarbar
Sahar Fadayian
Reza Mohammadi
and yours truly (already on the list)
I have sent to Gerv a list of contributors (2010 Summit attendees) as identified by Mozilla as having made significant contributions to Mozilla.
Can you please add Gary's name to the list of contributors. Thanks Betty
Whiteboard: Can you please add Gary's name to the list of contributors?
Whiteboard: Can you please add Gary's name to the list of contributors? → Can you please add Gary Kovacs name to the list of contributors?
Whiteboard: Can you please add Gary Kovacs name to the list of contributors?
Blocks: 618522
(In reply to comment #41)
> Can you please add Gary's name to the list of contributors. Thanks Betty

Erm, I'm sure Betty refers to Gary *Kovacs*. :)
Sorry, thought I went into the bug again and asked for Gary *Kovacs* 
I may have done it wrong ;)
Component: www.mozilla.org → General
Product: Websites → www.mozilla.org
The following have been worked in the Dutch localization of all Mozilla products.

Gert-Paul van der Beek should be in V, not in B.
Tim Maks van den Broek should be in V, not in B.
Why? That's not how we do it in the Netherlands.
Agreed. In Flanders (the Dutch speaking part of Belgium), people may have surnames like Van der … (like Peter Van der Beken - note the capital V), and thus they are in V. This means however some people in the list (Peter van der Woude, Anne van Kesteren and Teune van Steeg) should be in W, K and S respectively, as they are from Holland.
This means that Gert-Paul van der Beek and Tim Maks van den Broek should be in V. You might need an missing list of all Balkan contributors. Klaas van Gend made it to the Firefox New York Times newspaper since 2004.
No, it does not mean that. Also, I have no clue why you're bringing this up in a long-closed unrelated bug.
Gert-Paul van der Beek and Tim Maks van den Broek should be restored in V, as they have been worked for the Dutch translations.
Tae, please do not argue with Dutch people about how they should be listed.
Once again and regardless of what locale they have been working for, Dutch people (from Holland) like Tim Maks, Gert-Paul, Anne, Peter van der Woude, Teune, Otto de Voogd and probably Klaas (and even the Dutch queen in fact) have names carrying a small non-capitalized ‘van’ or ‘de’ and get listed according their surname’s capital, providing their first name is present.
Only Dutch speaking people from the Flanders part in Belgium and likely former US immigrants from the Netherlands and their descendants however may have names with capitalized Van or De and get listed under V or D. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_name.
Gert-Paul van der Beek and Tim Maks van den Broek should be in V. Line 145 says Jennifer Morrow. It should be changed to Jennifer Boriss with.
(In reply to tae from comment #51)
> Line 145 says Jennifer Morrow. It should be changed to Jennifer Boriss with.

No, her name is very much Jennifer Morrow. :)
(In reply to tae from comment #51)
> Gert-Paul van der Beek and Tim Maks van den Broek should be in V. Line 145
> says Jennifer Morrow. It should be changed to Jennifer Boriss with.

1) As has been explained here, this is not the right bug to make those claims.
2) As has been explained here, names from the Netherlands have their specific rules and by those, "van den/der/de" name are *not* to be sported under V but under their actual last names which exclude that phrase.
3) Jennifer had a name change and as much as she was (and maybe is) known as "Boriss" her last name is Morrow now.
4) As has been explained here, this is not the right bug to make those claims.
tae: you have made these claims repeatedly to me by email, and now here. I even checked again with Tim Maks van den Broek last week, and he says his name should be under B, as others in this bug have pointed out. (Thanks, Ton, for the clear explanation!) Are you saying that he doesn't know how his own name should be presented? And Jennifer Boriss got married, is now Jennifer Morrow, and asked for her name to be updated.

I am not going to act on further emails from you, and if you continue to post in Bugzilla re-making the same incorrect assertions, I may have to suspend your account. You need to deal with this obsession.

Gerv
OK, so you need the following persons to be going back to the selected alphabet letter(s) of the family names. Gerv; stop suspending your account.

Gert-Paul van der Beek should be restored to V.
Tim Maks van den Broek should be restored to V.
Older account in gmail.co.kr is suspended by Gerv; so you will start a new account.

You want to merge credits from Bugzilla’s manual. Here they are.

Barnson, Matthew P.
Brannen, Kevin
Dascalu, Vlad
FrantzDale, Ben
Hanson, Eric
Pearson, Andrew
Robins, Joe
Smith, Spencer
Teitelbaum, Ron
Travis, Shane
Wulffeld, Martin

In Comment #54, his name should be in B. So, it might be restored in V.

Please bulk add names in comment 56 to the credits list.

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.