|Submitter||Diff||Changes||Open Issues||Last Updated|
|Error loading review requests:|
59 bytes, text/x-review-board-request
|Details | Review|
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0 Build ID: 20170317111607 Steps to reproduce: Visit YouTube and play any video. It plays fine. Click to play another video. Actual results: That, and all future videos play without audio, unless the page is refreshed. The page must be refreshed for every new video. Started after 2017-03-17 Nightly. Most likely after the second (~2PM PST) update - not the morning one. Tested with new profile. Not related to YouTube mute button. Expected results: You should be able to request a video in the same tab without having to refresh the tab, to play the audio.
Regression window: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/pushloghtml?fromchange=aecbad803701a0d8eab8bad19348df37dcb42435&tochange=23cfb067130f6225f9b63c752c349fd607e69c46 Regressed by: Bug 1347402
Thanks for reporting this regression in quickly! The root cause is that we moved MediaDecoder::ConstructMediaTracks() , MediaDecoder::RemoveMediaTracks(), and MediaDecoder::mMediaTracksConstructed (which is a boolean) into HTMLMediaElement in bug 1347402 patch 4. It's fine to the two methods but not right to the MediaDecoder::mMediaTracksConstructed flag. This flag should belong to a MediaDecoder, every time a HTMLMediaElement switches its MediaDecoder, the flag should be reset to false again. So, we have two solutions to this bug: (1) Keep the flag in the HTMLMediaElement and reset it while shouting down a decoder. (2) Keep the flag in the MediaDecoder and it will be initialized to be false while we have a new MediaDecoder. I think the 2nd proposal is better since it won't mess up the code in HTMLMediaElement::ShutdownDecoder().
Comment on attachment 8848831 [details] Bug 1348432 - move the mMediaTracksConstructed flag back to MediaDecoder; https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/121708/#review123776 It is a bad smell that MediaDecoder shows too much interest in HTMLMediaElement's properties because it breaks encapsulation. I think the issue can be resolved by calling GetOwner()->RemoveMediaTracks() in MediaDecoder::Shutdown().
Comment on attachment 8848831 [details] Bug 1348432 - move the mMediaTracksConstructed flag back to MediaDecoder; https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/121708/#review123776 Good idea, will do it.
Comment on attachment 8848968 [details] Bug 1348432 - while shutting down a MediaDecoder, ask its owner to remove all media tracks; https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/121814/#review123782
I've got this bug too. Sound doesn't work more or less 1 time each 3 videos with automatic play switch "on". I don't have a strict str. browser: Nightly 55.0a1 (2017-03-19) (64 bits) OS: Windows 10 hd: SSD Crucial 256 GO graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
This isn't just YouTube, it also happens for me on the Steam store when attempting to put a trailer in fullscreen.
This problem also occurs when new content is loaded by the user within a page (without loading), for example when playing two videos in a row on Facebook or listen to two tracks in a row on VK.
(In reply to Tzuhao Kuo [:kaku] from comment #9) > Try: > https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try&revision=ba0f5c924e223558483b445d3889b44809c60438 > https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=try&revision=f4fbc6ebe4c98476c3ebd1e2ab6415f1bebe2025 Try looks very crazy, and I am not able to figure it out in a short period, so, I would like to land attachment 8848831 [details] at this moment as a workaround. Attachment 8848831 [details] is kind of reverting the root cause of this bug which was introduced at bug 1347402 patch 4. Will upload a new patch soon.
Comment on attachment 8849824 [details] Bug 1348432 - move the mMediaTracksConstructed flag back to MediaDecoder; https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/122570/#review124760
Try looks good, thanks for the review!
Pushed by email@example.com: https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/c979d49bdbc5 move the mMediaTracksConstructed flag back to MediaDecoder; r=jwwang
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0 BuildID: 20170323030203 Bug seems to be fixed in the new Nightly Build. Thank you very much :)
My reproducible ways to this bug (on other websites than youtube when changing the video quality) are no longer working. Audio is now working as expected. Thank you ;-)
(In reply to bugzilla from comment #30) > My reproducible ways to this bug (on other websites than youtube when > changing the video quality) are no longer working. Audio is now working as > expected. Thank you ;-) Sorry, I've forgotten: I am using BuildID: 20170323110205 @ Debian testing = Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0