+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1653145 +++
As the Pioneer team, we want to understand how users navigate our UI so that we can improve the UX
- COMPLETE: Telemetry instruments a count of users who have a value in the Pioneer ID preference, but does not include that ID itself. (this allows an aggregate count but does not insert the Pioneer Id into telemetry itself)
- Mozilla can calculate the size of Pioneer panel, including conventional usage numbers: MAU, WAU, DAU, etc
- Mozilla can understand how “typical” Pioneer panel looks vs. normal users strictly on the basis of their telemetry behavior
- Add telemetry on opt-in rates (user landings to About: pioneer, opt-in to each join button for studies, panel, etc. so we can see opt-in rates
- Add telemetry to all Join/Leave buttons in the UI.
- Add telemetry to the inline data management links.
- For all modals (joining and leaving pioneer, joining and leaving studies) instrument the display of the modal plus any button clicks on accept vs. cancel
- (Note there is a specific telemetry story for the consent notice acceptances which requires a timestamp: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1653125 )