(In reply to Marnie Pasciuto-Wood [:marnie] from comment #0)
Wireframes, page 13
Screen ID: S4
Annotation ID: K1, K1a
User Joins Study
As a Pioneer user, I would like to enroll in a study so my data can support its goals
- After pressing "Join study" [J1] we check for acceptance of study policy notice
- If the user has already accepted the specific study policy notice, we do not show it to them again.
- If policy accepted, begin study enrollment
- Send date/time telmetry ping.
If the user has not accepted the policy notice yet
- K1: Onclick "Cancel", the modal closed and the study is not joined. User returns to the Available Studies panel [S3], with the study still showing available.
- Onlick "Accept and Join" begin study Enrollment. Modal closes and user returns to Available studies panel
Study Enrollment A/C:
- Study add-on downloads in the background, data collection begins
- Available studies panel [s3] shows study is now "Active" and there is a button to "leave"
User Reads Study Consent before clicking Join
- User clicks the privacy notice link [Z4], we pop open the Pioneer Privacy Consent modal [S2]
- User sees the Accept (K2) and Cancel (K1/K1a) buttons
- If user cancels (K1/K1a) the modal closes
- If User accepts the policy, we mark them as Consented. We send the telemetry ping for their acceptance
- This user has accepted the consent so if they click "Join/Enroll" they do not see the modal again
This part is doable now, and I think it's worth just landing all the modal changes together and getting the behavior right instead of landing piecemeal, which will make the related bugs easier. I have a patch for this, I will add it to this bug .
User Re-Reads Consent Notice after Accepting
As a user, I want to re-read the privacy consent for a study I've already joined, so I remember what I agreed to
- User clicks the privacy notice link, we pop open the consent modal [S2]
- The modal displays the privacy notice with a visual indicator that the user has accepted these terms
I think we need the redesigned study cards from bug 1653119 in order to do this part.