Comment on attachment 9242161 [details]
Bug 1700487 - Open Account Provisioner dialog in a Tab. r=mkmelin, ui-r=Paenglab
Still working on this as there are many moving pieces and a lot of things to consider.
So, I'm asking an early quick feedback/review to see if I'm going in the right direction.
Things are still partially broken, just FYI.
Here's a list of questions:
- As we now have the mail and mail+domain provider split in 2 searches, does it make sense to have the checkboxes to enable/disable searchable providers? It might make sense if we expect to expand the list of providers soon, but we could live it like this if they're fairly static.
- We used to prioritize the results matching the language of the user, but only for Gandi. Does this make sense to keep?
- At the end of a successful account creation, we are currently reopening the Account Provisioner to show a "Success" page. I'd like to actually open the Account Setup Tab and show the final success page in order to reuse all the code to fetch connected calendars and address books. Dos this sound good?
- We're currently storing the searched providers in a
storedData object in order to append to the URL a bunch of possibly useful extra attributes. So far, those attributes are not used at all and the API call only expects a few attributes. Are we expecting to have extra attributes coming from other account providers? I'd like to remove that
storedData object if it's not necessary.
- Current providers don't seem to have a
provider.search_engine attribute, are we still expecting to be using that?