289.84 KB, application/x-jar
46.18 KB, patch
|Details | Diff | Splinter Review|
265.92 KB, patch
|Details | Diff | Splinter Review|
Looking at http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/status-1.8/ and http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/showbuilds.cgi?tree=Mozilla1.8-l10n-he, the hebrew localisation is behind quite a bit. Help is broken too, as has been reported in bug 344312. I'm not setting a milestone on this, waiting for input from the l10n team here.
I am the person to blame. I need time to finish the project toward 2.0 and CVS access (bug 343315). Please assign to me and make it depend on bug 343315.
Reassigning to Tomer. I boosted your privs, too, so that you can grab bugs now.
Assignee: tsahi_75 → tomer
After a terrible software crash which lead to data loss, the translation process is back on track. I have to complete the toolkit component translation, and migrate the browser help from version 1.5. Estimated completion time: 24 hours.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Please don't check into the MOZILLA_1_8_BRANCH without explicit approval, it's closed. Just to make sure you understand that this affects all locales as of now.
Who can manually approve it? I can email the locale to a driver or attach it here.
I guess I'll just do a verbal approval without a patch. Just poke me when you're ready, and I'll sign it off when we have an engineering window.
I have completed the language pack, hope there is no mistakes in there. The help file still outdated in we are working to complete it in the next day. Should I attach here the file?
Created attachment 239930 [details] he translation for Firefox 2.0 He translation for Firefox 2.0. This file is work in progrss: 1. Localized search engines missing. See bug 348114 - We have two engines ready, but wish to get another one or two for inclusion (Waiting for site approvals). 2. Help not updated. We are working toward finishing it in a day or so. Must of the job (prefs.xhtml) done.
Moving over to 126.96.36.199.
Can we commit the translation to the CVS? It is quite strange that we have 3.0a1 but no 2.0.
Now is the time for landing big changes towards Firefox 188.8.131.52. a=me for the initial landing, please file follow-up bugs and attach patches on remaining issues coming up.
Apart from the search engines, I see english descriptions in bookmarks.html still. Could you fix those? How does the rest of the Hebrew build look, is the testing progressing nicely?
(In reply to comment #12) > Apart from the search engines, I see english descriptions in bookmarks.html > still. Could you fix those? The translated bookmarks.html has few problems and replaced with the 1.5 version. I'm currently doing the bug hunting, and will have a working bookmarks.html in few hours. Also, the file has "BOOKMARKS TOOLBAR FOLDERr" (Caps are the translated string; note of the postfix "r" with has nothing to do here. > How does the rest of the Hebrew build look, is the testing progressing nicely? The Translation is on track, and apart of few problems (The check for updates hangs with XUL error, the tree in the Help is not RTL) we are just fine for shipping. I'll attach fixes in the upcoming hours; CVS upload by our working-CVS-account peer will be possible only in about a day due to Sabbath.
Tomer: isn't the help tree issue basically bug 140759?
Created attachment 245356 [details] [diff] [review] [fixed] some fixes to the he translation fixes for the translation. including the searchplugins and the bookmarks.
Attachment #245356 - Flags: approval-l10n?
Comment on attachment 245356 [details] [diff] [review] [fixed] some fixes to the he translation [he] approval to land additional fixes to make hebrew ready for release. We still need Mic on the plugins themselves in the search engines bug, I'll look at the technicalities of the plugins once this patch landed.
Attachment #245356 - Flags: approval-l10n? → approval-l10n+
Attachment #245356 - Attachment description: some fixes to the he translation → [fixed] some fixes to the he translation
Created attachment 245788 [details] [diff] [review] additional fixes to the he translation additional fixes for the translation. we hope to get the rest of the help section translated before 184.108.40.206/
(In reply to comment #18) > additional fixes for the translation. we hope to get the rest of the help > section translated before 220.127.116.11/ Reuven, didn't I sent you the updated help section for 2.0?
Axel: Will Hebrew be released with the other locales for the upcoming 18.104.22.168?
Created attachment 246151 [details] [diff] [review] he translation update this is the help translation from Tomer, and some access keys fixes.
Attachment #246151 - Flags: approval-l10n?
Comment on attachment 246151 [details] [diff] [review] he translation update [he] approval for landing a bunch of fixes for Hebrew, including a huge chunk for help. tomer, did you try that code with my testing extension at http://people.mozilla.com/~axel/l10n/? Regarding shipping, there still seems to be a whole slew of QA work going on, might be a good idea to do some litmus based testing, too. In the end, we'll need you to "be done" with it, I can't make a call on that from looking at the patches.
Comment on attachment 246151 [details] [diff] [review] he translation update [he] approval for landing a bunch of fixes for Hebrew, including a huge chunk for help. Moving approval flag over from approval-l10n to the 22.214.171.124 one, which is the one we use for this release.
Attachment #246151 - Flags: approval-l10n? → approval126.96.36.199+
Adjusting whiteboard to "QA in progress", which I think is more up-to-date.
Whiteboard: [Fx 188.8.131.52] still some work to do. [2 days?] → [Fx 184.108.40.206] QA in process
Even though attachment 246151 [details] [diff] [review] has landed, it seems there is more needed for full 220.127.116.11 support.
Clarification: I will do some further tests, and there will likely be some additional external QA effort next week to check that.
Ping: looks like we're shipping he 18.104.22.168 - can this and the tracker it blocks be closed now?
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.