bugzilla.mozilla.org has resumed normal operation. Attachments prior to 2014 will be unavailable for a few days. This is tracked in Bug 1475801.
Please report any other irregularities here.

Status

addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
Public Pages
VERIFIED DUPLICATE of bug 494583
9 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: clouserw, Assigned: Ehsan)

Tracking

({rtl})

unspecified
5.0.6

Details

(Reporter)

Description

9 years ago
From http://mozilla-dev.clearleft.com/home_RTL.php

1) There is no arrow in the main search button so it's just a big green square

2) The promobox should scroll right to left

3) It's hard to tell if it's because you are using English on the page, but the category numbers and stats in the header should be on the left side of the words.
(Assignee)

Comment 1

9 years ago
Wil, should I be doing anything here?  The URL in comment 0 is password protected.
Keywords: rtl
(Reporter)

Comment 2

9 years ago
Yeah, clearleft can't complete the RTL portions.  Now that the design has landed you can just see it on our pages though:

https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/ar/firefox

1) The green arrow on the search bar is pointing to the right, it should be left

2) The promobox scrolls left to right.  This isn't a blocker.

3) It looks like the category names and numbers work fine when the language is actually RTL so no bug there.
Assignee: nat → ehsan.akhgari

Comment 3

9 years ago
> 1) The green arrow on the search bar is pointing to the right, it should be
> left

With the arrow, this is in the source and can easily be changed by switching the src to an image that points the other way.

> 2) The promobox scrolls left to right.  This isn't a blocker.

I think it might actually be quite a bit of work to switch the scrolling as the resize needs to recalculate the position too, as this is not a blocker I would recomend you leave it for now.
(Assignee)

Comment 4

9 years ago
(In reply to comment #2)
> Yeah, clearleft can't complete the RTL portions.  Now that the design has
> landed you can just see it on our pages though:
> 
> https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/ar/firefox

OK, thanks for the clarifications.

> 1) The green arrow on the search bar is pointing to the right, it should be
> left

I already filed bug 494588 about it (with a patch!)

> 2) The promobox scrolls left to right.  This isn't a blocker.

I'm not sure what the promobox is.  If it's the "featured add-ons" box, bug 494449 should fix its RTL problems.  The scrolling however is the same in both RTL and LTR mode, which I think is not worth fixing because RTL locales do not have a natural scrolling direction anyway.

> 3) It looks like the category names and numbers work fine when the language is
> actually RTL so no bug there.

Yes, they indeed look fine.

(In reply to comment #3)
> > 1) The green arrow on the search bar is pointing to the right, it should be
> > left
> 
> With the arrow, this is in the source and can easily be changed by switching
> the src to an image that points the other way.

Actually I think it's a bad approach to do something like that in the source.  In bug 494588, I modified the <img> to point to blank.gif and used CSS to switch the actual image as the background of <img> in both LTR and RTL modes.

> > 2) The promobox scrolls left to right.  This isn't a blocker.
> 
> I think it might actually be quite a bit of work to switch the scrolling as the
> resize needs to recalculate the position too, as this is not a blocker I would
> recomend you leave it for now.

Agreed.

Overall, I think we can mark this as a dupe of bug 494583...
(Reporter)

Comment 5

9 years ago
Sounds good to me! :)
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 494583
If Wil's happy, well, by golly, so am I!
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.