Closed Bug 531883 Opened 13 years ago Closed 13 years ago
Implement per-locale localizer dashboard
The mockup (attachment 414601 [details]) and content have widely been accepted in bug 531145. This bug is about implementing it. Core scope for now: event log + feed, localizer contacts, statistics, and locale switching. I'll file more bugs on the remaining features soon. Those should make it into the release, but can be postponed if necessary.
Here's a first step (I am intentionally not making a 500k patch for this ;)). It mostly covers the event log. In order to import the viewvc RSS feed, run the new maintenance.php task "l10n_rss". We'll probably make that a once-per-hour cron job, I'd suggest. The URL you want to look at is /en-US/localizers/de, for example.
+ $lang_re = implode('\s*', array('/\$supported_languages', '=', 'array\(', '([^)]+)', '\);/m')); + $language_inc = file_get_contents(dirname(__FILE__).'/../site/app/config/language.inc.php'); + preg_match($lang_re, $language_inc, $matches); + eval('$supported_languages=array('.$matches.');'); I haven't even scrolled past the first page. Are you kidding! :)
(In reply to comment #2) > I haven't even scrolled past the first page. Are you kidding! :) Are you saying I need to run a full-blown cake inside our maintenance scripts just to load a config file? Sigh... All right, I see what else I can do.
This is better. I noticed we don't need actually cake if we can pretend to have it around just barely enough to make a clean import.
(In reply to comment #4) > we don't need actually cake Clearly, my word order doesn't match what I am thinking due to a shortage of coffee.
Comment on attachment 415362 [details] [diff] [review] Patch, rev. 2 This is looking great. Some thoughts: 1) There are entries from 2 years ago showing up in the list. Where do those come from? Are they not getting cleaned up with the gc script? 2) My gut says we should use a table called l10n_eventlog to separate this out. Otherwise this table is going to get huge recording everything from the whole site. 3) "Recent Activity for fr" "the fr .po file" "in touch with the fr L10n" "Current fr Localizers" -- I think "fr" should be the full localized name in each of these cases.
Attachment #415362 - Flags: review?(clouserw) → review+
(In reply to comment #6) > This is looking great. Some thoughts: > > 1) There are entries from 2 years ago showing up in the list. Where do those > come from? Are they not getting cleaned up with the gc script? I don't think they are, but I think you fixed that in the meantime, IIRC. > 2) My gut says we should use a table called l10n_eventlog to separate this out. > Otherwise this table is going to get huge recording everything from the whole > site. Done. I'll make that part of the gearman patch over in bug 532453. > 3) "Recent Activity for fr" "the fr .po file" "in touch with the fr L10n" > "Current fr Localizers" -- I think "fr" should be the full localized name in > each of these cases. We don't have the grammatically correct case for these sentences, but I could probably use the full names at the end of the sentence with a colon: 'Current Localizers for: French'
Another thing clouserw pointed out on IRC (just so I don't forget): we should use per-event icons that fit our l10n events better.
The screen shot, as promised.
I added a final maintenance task to calculate the translation status of pages (r58412).
"featured collections" was missing as L10n category. Added in r58788.
I removed "Applications" from the L10n categories (cf. bug 476184) in r58878. This doesn't actually remove it from the codebase, so this does not quite fix that bug yet. This bug is fixed, but if there are any problems left, please file individual bugs.
Verified FIXED on, e.g.: https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/localizers https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/fr/localizers/fr, etc.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
13 years ago
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.