Selection highlight in context menu and main menus is not vertically aligned in Mac OS 10.10

VERIFIED FIXED in mozilla34

Status

()

defect
VERIFIED FIXED
5 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: ashughes, Assigned: jtd)

Tracking

(Blocks 1 bug)

Trunk
mozilla34
All
macOS
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [yosemite])

Attachments

(4 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

5 years ago
In Mac OS 10.10 the menu item highlighting aligns too closely with the top of the text and appears to be misaligned vertically. I've attached a screenshot as a reference.

Updated

5 years ago
Hardware: x86 → All

Updated

5 years ago
Summary: Selection highlight in context menu is not vertically aligned in Mac OS 10.10 → Selection highlight in context menu and main menus is not vertically aligned in Mac OS 10.10

Updated

5 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1051603

Comment 2

5 years ago
I expect this is an issue with the -moz-appearance implementation for menuitems.
Component: General → Widget: Cocoa
Product: Toolkit → Core
Version: unspecified → Trunk
It's an issue with the font metrics, will be fixed by bug 931040.
Depends on: 931040
Confirmed fixed in latest Nightly (2014-08-20).
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Assignee: nobody → jdaggett
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla34
(Reporter)

Comment 5

5 years ago
(In reply to Dirkjan Ochtman (:djc) from comment #4)
> Confirmed fixed in latest Nightly (2014-08-20).

Yup, works good for me too.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Updated

5 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1057836
Duplicate of this bug: 1085037

Comment 8

3 years ago
It has been indicated that this has been fixed, but I can confirm that it's still present in Mac OS X (El Capitan) 10.11.2, and Firefox 42.0.

Comment 9

3 years ago
This is a screen capture of what a context menu selection looks like in The Finder.

Comment 10

3 years ago
This is a screen capture of what a context menu selection looks like in Firefox.

Comment 11

3 years ago
(In reply to Scott Orsburn from comment #10)
> Created attachment 8697725 [details]
> Context menu in Firefox.
> 
> This is a screen capture of what a context menu selection looks like in
> Firefox.

Hey Scott, that doesn't sound good. Can you please file a new bug, and when you do that, retry the Firefox context menu in a new profile (you can keep your old one and not lose data - see https://support.mozilla.org/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles ) ? If it doesn't happen in the new profile, it's likely the result of an add-on or something - but it'd still be useful to know about.

Please let us know the new bug number here.

(We ask people to file new bugs because it gets messy trying to track different fixes to different Firefox versions in one bug.)
Flags: needinfo?(scottorsburn)

Comment 12

3 years ago
(In reply to Scott Orsburn from comment #8)
> It has been indicated that this has been fixed, but I can confirm that it's
> still present in Mac OS X (El Capitan) 10.11.2, and Firefox 42.0.

Confirmed for same browser/OS combination, clean profile.

Comment 13

3 years ago
It's fine in nightly builds since quite some time now. Guess it didn't get backported?

Comment 14

3 years ago
It could be this new issue in El Capitan is a duplicate of bug 1201318 ? This bug was filed against Yosemite. That would mean that it should be fine in the most recent builds of 43 and up, but would explain the issue in 42.

Comment 15

3 years ago
(In reply to :Gijs Kruitbosch (away 18-28 Dec.) from comment #14)
> It could be this new issue in El Capitan is a duplicate of bug 1201318 ?
> This bug was filed against Yosemite. That would mean that it should be fine
> in the most recent builds of 43 and up, but would explain the issue in 42.

I updated to version 43 last night and it appears as though the issue, has in fact, been resolved.

Your remarks are appreciated.
Flags: needinfo?(scottorsburn)

Comment 16

3 years ago
ACK.

Thanks!

Comment 17

3 years ago
This bug can still be observed in Thunderbird 38.5.0 under Mac OS X 10.11.3 Beta (15D9c). It does not show up for the main menu, but for context menus in the "Mail & Newsgroups" window.
(In reply to Ralf G. R. Bergs from comment #17)
> This bug can still be observed in Thunderbird 38.5.0 under Mac OS X 10.11.3
> Beta (15D9c). It does not show up for the main menu, but for context menus
> in the "Mail & Newsgroups" window.
See comment #14.

Comment 19

3 years ago
@Stefan [:stefanh]:

So what? I cannot see any reference to Thunderbird, neither in comment #14, nor in the other ticket referred to in that comment...

So what's your message?

Comment 20

3 years ago
(In reply to Ralf G. R. Bergs from comment #19)
> @Stefan [:stefanh]:
> 
> So what? I cannot see any reference to Thunderbird, neither in comment #14,
> nor in the other ticket referred to in that comment...
> 
> So what's your message?

Thunderbird 38.5 is built on the 38 Gecko codebase. The fix for the issue from bug 1201318 is not in the 38 codebase - it was only fixed in 43. If you go here:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/channel/

and download the "beta", I *think* the problem should be fixed there. If not, please file a separate issue for Thunderbird and link it to bug 1201318.

Comment 21

3 years ago
(In reply to :Gijs Kruitbosch from comment #20)
> (In reply to Ralf G. R. Bergs from comment #19)
> > @Stefan [:stefanh]:
> > 
> > So what? I cannot see any reference to Thunderbird, neither in comment #14,
> > nor in the other ticket referred to in that comment...
> > 
> > So what's your message?
> 
> Thunderbird 38.5 is built on the 38 Gecko codebase. The fix for the issue
> from bug 1201318 is not in the 38 codebase - it was only fixed in 43. If you
> go here:
> 
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/channel/
> 
> and download the "beta", I *think* the problem should be fixed there. If
> not, please file a separate issue for Thunderbird and link it to bug 1201318.

Ah, insider knowledge required... ;-)

Thanks for filling me in, and sorry to Stefan for the rant... ;-)

I can confirm that the TB 43.x beta works fine, no issue WRT to popup menus anymore...

Thanks!!!
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.