If you open two browser windows, where one has app tabs created, and the other has a normal browser tab, dragging the normal tab into the 2nd browser window-App tab row, will just keep it as a normal tab. Instead of becoming an app tab.
Alternately, if within the same browser window, i can drag a normal tab into the app tab row and watch it turn into an App tab
1) install Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b5pre) Gecko/20100824 Minefield/4.0b5pre
2) create two browser windows. One should have a few app tabs already made. The other should have normal tabs in it
3) Take a normal tab from browser window 2, and drag it to the App tab area in browser window 1
4) verify the normal tab sticks in window 2 as a "normal tab", instead of an "App tab"
- dragging a normal tab into a app tab pane on another browser should stick as an App Tab
- doing the above only generates a normal tab instead of an App tab
Punting to the future.
duplicate of bug 579482?
*** Bug 633223 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Why is that under TabCandy? Moving to the correct component.
*** Bug 654907 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
While app tabs will be global in the long-term plan, doing this makes the most sense in the interaction model for bug 455694 until they become global.
In fact, the behavior of the patch in bug 455694 fixes this bug.
However, this doesn't block bug 551849, because it wasn't part of the original plan, and it still isn't.
My patch for bug 455694 fixes this.
Fixed by patch in bug 455694.
Verified fixed in Firefox 8.0b1.
*** Bug 706080 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
this is broken in 12.0b1, probably due to 455694 backout
*** Bug 805978 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
this is now wfm. however i think this should be retracted see bug 886154