kernel: Dec. 5
1 - launch the App
2 - plug the Headset
Can ear sound from radio station
It seems like this happens on every second launch of the application. I have this error in the console when the application is closed manually in the cards view:
Do you press the play button when after
1. open the fm app
2. plug-in headset
I found I need to press the play button and the fm radio works well.
test on 1/15 mozilla-b2g18-unagi-eng 15-Jan-2013 08:01 build.
Hi philipp, Could you help check this?
I back out this change.
user: Philipp von Weitershausen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
date: Mon Jan 14 19:46:32 2013 -0800
summary: Bug 823798 - Route FM radio through analog path. r=mwu a=blocking-b2g
and this problem was gone.
*** Bug 831053 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
In Bug 823798, it also modified full_unagi.mk for adding "ro.moz.fm.noAnalog=true". This will disable FM in analog mode in default so this bug should not be happened.
And this new property is stored at /system/build.prop so if you just update your phone via OTA then it just for gecko only. Please flash an entire newest system.img for that new property.
Reproduced this issue on OTA Unagi to build 20130117070201, Kernel Dec 5. Was able to hear FM Radio the 1st time, then unplugged headset, then plugged it back in and reopened FM Radio and could not hear anything.
I found the [ro.moz.fm.noAnalog]: isn't include in b2g-18 nightly build on (17-Jan-2013 07:55)
As test with mchen and me, it seems need to clean build to fix this problem. Could you help to check?
Randy, it looks like bug 823798 has landed the pref on b2g18.
Philikon, can you lend a hand here?
compare with the releases.mozilla.com latest image, the [ro.moz.fm.noAnalog]: [true] attribute is setting correctly and can't find this issue. But After checking the pvtbuild nightly one, the build.prop can't find this property, so as in device. Do the clean build in the pvtbuild build machine may helpful for this issue.
*** Bug 831174 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
perhaps :hwine can provide some help here?
Chris Atlee can probably provide more info on the builds.
where in the build process should this pref be getting set? I can't find it in any of our builds.
can you give me the url of the build that you think has this pref set properly?
1. This ROM on this url:https://releases.mozilla.com/b2g/latest/ is set correctly.
Can you fine this change on the "device/qcom/unagi" git Repository?
Author: Philipp von Weitershausen <email@example.com>
To note when you get an incoming call, it also stops the radio from playing. Not sure if this is related or a separate bug.
Created attachment 705604 [details]
I see : 01-23 09:54:08.617: W/AudioFlinger(118): Thread AudioOut_1 cannot connect to the power manager service
Just wondering, didn't the audio go on a different channel now? Or is that only for the music app?
<full_unagi-user 220.127.116.11.4.0.4 OPENMASTER eng.cltbld.20130124.020958 test-keys>
Still can't find the "ro.moz.fm.noAnalog=true"
Does the Bug 833410's fix land?
If we get a new build from releng before rlin gets to the office, can you verify the fix, Naoki?
qawanted: verify analog path pref fixes this bug
Feed me! ;)
Oh and mark this needinfo on me again... I'll look at it asap.
I can still reproduce this issue using the latest nightly,
(In reply to Marcia Knous [:marcia] from comment #21)
> I can still reproduce this issue using the latest nightly,
> Gaia: 67a5b7f79b73
> Gecko: 49c25ca40020
Correct - the change was only landed at 2013-01-24 12:57:06 PT (see bug 833410 comment 7)
Only builds started after that will use the new gonk with the requested changeset.
Hrm. This is fixed now with the build:
- not having headset in and playing fm radio : message (as expected)
- plugging in headset and hit play : played radio through headset
- stopping fm radio : stopped
- started fm radio again : started up again ( slight delay ) **
- plugged out headset : stopped radio
- plugged in headset : started radio again
- gave a call : ringing sounded not through headset but through speaker; voice was through headset ** need to report a bug
- ended call : fm radio played
- quit fmradio through task manager : fm radio stopped
- started fmradio : fm radio played again (didn't memorize last location)
- placed radio in background : conintued to play
- unplugged headset : fmradio stopped
- plugged in headset : fmradio played
- loaded music, played a song : fmradio stopped, music played
- stopped music : fmradio started playing
- played music again, waited til it hit the next song : ** music didn't go to the next song, fmradio played.
- played video : fm radio stopped while video played, fm radio started when it ended
went to camera, capture video : fm radio stopped completely even after finishing recording. there was a crash that occurred not sure exactly what. ** need to report a bug.
- launched browser, went to youtube, played a youtube vid: fm radio stopped, video played
- stopped youtube : fm radio continued
- set alarm : fm radio stopped... alarm sounds through speaker not headset... **
- closed alarm : fm radio started
- set alarm again, used snooze : after hitting snooze, fm radio started again.
- turned on all sounds in settings including keyboard typing, went to email, composed an email : typing sounds go through headset while fm radio is playing; no email send sound like on uxbranch... is that a bug?
- snooze went off : fm radio stopped and when closing the alarm, fm radio started
- went back to browser, and went to soundcloud.com : fmradio plays over soundcloud.com **
- e.me : grooveshank : fm radio plays over grooveshark at the same time **
- unplugged while both were playing : fm radio stops, grooveshark still plays.
That was all in about 30 minutes of testing; session based.
probably would have been faster if I wasn't documenting. :)
bug 796872 is fixed; bug 816118 maybe fixed?; bug 814054 is fixed; bug 817456 is fixed; bug 831481 seems fixed; bug 833989 seems fixed
bug 825817 <- noted the pause in this bug.
bug 830208 <- may have been my crash
Bug 834527 - incoming call rings through speakers instead of headset.
Bug 834529 - [Music] If FM Radio is playing and you play a song in the music app, music app will not go to the next song
Bug 834532 - [Clock] Alarm does not play through headset
the last 2 are probably the same as bug 796514 where it's the web audios that keep playing...
Bug 834535 - FMradio beeps when you close it from the task manager
Andrea/Marco, can you help Naoki sort out these issues?
Test and verify on 1/27 pvt builds. The analog property is set on the ROM image correctly. Change the status to fix ready.
(In reply to Naoki Hirata :nhirata from comment #26)
Not related to the build issue here.
bug 816118 maybe fixed?;
It is invalid and not related to the build issue here.
> bug 814054 is fixed;
The report on comment 20 of 814054 should be fixed as Randy said here.
But the original issue from 814054 is not fixed yet.
> bug 831481
Fixed by the build issue here.
The original issue in this bug has been resolved, so removing qawanted flag.
Verified this bug has been fixed on Unagi.
Build ID: 20130215070202
Kernel Dec 5