User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0 (Beta/Release) Build ID: 20140623175014 Steps to reproduce: The Mediawiki version (v1.19.11) running wiki.mozilla.org is behind the current stable release v1.23.1.
The Mediawiki version (v1.19.11) running wiki.mozilla.org is behind the current stable release v1.23.1.
The 1.23.x branch of MediaWiki is the current stable branch and the current LTS branch. The most recent version is 1.23.1 (released 2014-06-25), with 1.23.2 coming shortly (scheduled for release on 2014-07-30). Confirming this and clarifying the summary.
As a sidebar note, I just upgraded my own MediaWiki install from an ancient 1.15 to the latest 1.23.2 and a very simple and straight-forward process it was. Only required commenting out the installed extensions initially then loading the latest versions before un-commenting them and everything working perfectly. I also switched from MySQL to MariaDB at the same time as that is now the preferred backend. Also problem-less. (/me wishes I could say the same for the upgrade process of some other programs)
MediaWiki 1.23.3 will be released tomorrow ("27th August between 20:00-22:00 UTC"), so we should updated dev when we get a chance.
We've scheduled time to do this on 4 September between 13:30-15:00 PT.
Let's remember to put wiki in read-only mode when we begin this work so folks don't loose any in-progress edits: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgReadOnly
Production was updated today. I did the following: * downtime wiki.mo Nagios checks * hardhat wiki.mo * set wiki.mo into read only mode & push changes to webheads * grab backup of wiki DB on mysql slave for prod DB cluster * make backup copy of wiki directory on genericadm * upgrade wiki software itself * run DB maintenance script (for update) * upgrade WikiEditor extension * upgrade ConfirmAccount extension & run DB maintenance script (for extension changes) again * make changes to LocalSettings.php & push changes to webheads * unhard-hat wiki.mo Christie and JD did some basic tests to verify that the upgrade had not broken the production environment.
Can we update to 1.24.0 I can add a bug for it