Our testing strategy and list of tests we'd like to enable on which platforms:
Testing strategy: we want to run most tests on:
- linux1804-64 and windows10-64
- macosx1014-64 is expensive and limited, so we will only run a few tests (mochitest-plain and mochitest-browser-chrome).
- At this time, we don’t care about testing:
- Apple Silicon?
- debug and opt builds
- Where “shippable” opt builds available on central, we prefer them over plain opt.
- autoland and central
- We prefer to run tests with Fission + WebRender (“qr”) where available.
- macosx1014-64 tests run with e10s+qr everywhere, but some chrome tests are only run with e10s on Windows and Linux. Since macosx1014-64 is running e10s+qr, we are believe testing fission+qr on Windows and Linux is also possible.