[meta] Enable eslint rule no-undef in toolkit/.eslintrc.js (and everywhere that covers)

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

()

Firefox
General
RESOLVED FIXED
8 months ago
3 months ago

People

(Reporter: standard8, Assigned: standard8)

Tracking

(Blocks: 1 bug)

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Assignee)

Description

8 months ago
no-undef is very useful for picking up mistakes and referencing of unknown variables. We should enable it on browser/

This work is likely to cross several bugs, so this is the tracker for it.
(Assignee)

Updated

8 months ago
Depends on: 1311315
(Assignee)

Updated

8 months ago
Depends on: 1312355
(Assignee)

Updated

8 months ago
Depends on: 1312716
(Assignee)

Updated

8 months ago
Depends on: 1303525
(Assignee)

Updated

8 months ago
Depends on: 1313626
(Assignee)

Updated

8 months ago
Depends on: 1313634

Comment 1

7 months ago
:standard8, is this bug ready to resolve?  if not, lets put some bugs or next steps in here so we can see what remains.
Flags: needinfo?(standard8)
(Assignee)

Updated

7 months ago
Depends on: 1323167
(Assignee)

Comment 2

7 months ago
(In reply to Joel Maher ( :jmaher) from comment #1)
> :standard8, is this bug ready to resolve?  if not, lets put some bugs or
> next steps in here so we can see what remains.

I just filed Bug 1323167 as the next big one - we need to sort out how we're dealing with the content code. I think this will fix the majority of the ~5000 errors that we have remaining when we enable no-undef.

I don't think its worth filing others until we get that one resolved.
Flags: needinfo?(standard8)
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1325374
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Summary: [meta] Enable eslint rule no-undef on browser/* → [meta] Enable eslint rule no-undef in toolkit/.eslintrc.js (and everywhere that covers)
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1325623
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1255149
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1328254
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1328338
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1328565
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1328851
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1329614
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 1330545
(Assignee)

Updated

6 months ago
Depends on: 527444
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1331006
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 503613
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1333044
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1335813
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1336070

Updated

5 months ago
Blocks: 1229856
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1337480
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1338121
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1338195
(Assignee)

Updated

5 months ago
Depends on: 1338249
(Assignee)

Comment 3

5 months ago
We're now down to about 3500 errors in my local tree, and I'm mainly driving the patches through for these, so I'll take the meta bug for now.
Assignee: nobody → standard8
(Assignee)

Updated

4 months ago
Depends on: 1341019
(Assignee)

Updated

4 months ago
Depends on: 1341029
(Assignee)

Updated

4 months ago
Depends on: 1342427
(Assignee)

Updated

4 months ago
Depends on: 1342459
(Assignee)

Updated

4 months ago
Depends on: 1343519
(Assignee)

Comment 4

3 months ago
I'm declaring this done. We've got it enabled pretty much everywhere that toolkit used to cover (now a recommended config). There's some tidy up to do, but I'll work on that in separate bugs.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 months ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.