Now that IonMonkey has landed, we want to replace JM(+TI) with a much simpler baseline compiler. The main goals are
* No dependency on TI, no recompilations caused by type changes
* Fast compilation times
* Clean design, easy to support new ops
* No advanced optimizations (LICM, inlining, regalloc)
* ICs for most operations, reusable IC stubs
* Collect and store data useful for Ion compilation
Cool! How can people get involved?
(In reply to Eddy Bruel [:ejpbruel] from comment #1)
> Cool! How can people get involved?
Right now we are still working on the design and a lot of code will be rewritten or move around. However, once that's done we have to implement most ops and that's where we could use a lot of help :)
Some dependant bugs are fixed now, I guess, specifically: Bug 806021, Bug 812600, Bug 842258. I don't know if Bug 811766 is fixed with its dependant bugs or if it needs further work.
Can you please close them, then?