Last Comment Bug 779297 - (webaudio) Implement and ship Web Audio
(webaudio)
: Implement and ship Web Audio
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
[games:p1][tech-p1]
: feature, meta
Product: Core
Classification: Components
Component: Web Audio (show other bugs)
: Trunk
: All All
: -- normal with 58 votes (vote)
: mozilla25
Assigned To: :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick)
: Manuela Muntean [Away]
Mentors:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file...
: 674080 (view as bug list)
Depends on: 849636 775302 779715 788310 792263 792646 792649 797150 802192 803392 804387 807171 807526 807533 808374 808841 808876 809271 809654 809882 811369 811555 811864 812390 812617 813269 814789 815492 815643 816828 822803 827541 833631 834513 834869 834929 836072 836076 836599 837684 845960 846329 847481 848651 848652 848954 849230 849652 849713 849914 849916 849918 850970 851338 851412 851603 851949 851966 851986 852011 852366 852410 852817 852838 853076 853246 853298 853360 853434 853551 853718 853721 853963 854319 854336 854741 855568 855990 856327 856328 856329 856361 856771 857302 857610 857790 857793 859335 859594 859595 859597 859600 859602 861021 861187 861371 861591 862088 862177 863918 863923 864083 864086 864091 864164 864171 864351 864605 864606 864609 864613 864709 864937 865004 865231 865233 865234 865239 865241 865242 865244 865246 865247 865248 865251 oscillatornode 865256 865257 865261 865413 865532 865548 865550 865553 865642 865650 866079 866108 866141 866433 866434 866442 866570 866737 866839 867086 867089 867104 867174 867203 867324 867511 867588 867876 868116 868305 868409 868485 868504 868776 868855 868864 869224 869257 869682 869684 870065 870167 870174 871201 871577 872394 872635 873335 873553 873858 874024 874508 874540 874869 874915 874934 874952 875144 875152 875221 875277 875402 875529 875596 875617 875911 876024 876118 876207 876215 876249 876252 876273 876338 876834 877039 877125 877231 877523 877527 877662 877695 877820 878014 878015 878328 878407 878478 878497 878875 879014 880129 880202 880265 880342 880384 880404 880724 881092 881558 881587 881959 882171 882543 882956 883010 883011 883591 883844 884459 884632 885496 885505 885956 886165 886168 886381 886618 886787 889016 889042 890023 890072 890369 890371 891254 895196 898962 904302 904707 905444 906966 907758 907986 910171 912474 913854 914030 915524 918217 920987 921457 921695 922639 923058 923106 923319 924286 924288 925619 932621 956489 1020370
Blocks: gecko-games html5test b2g-v-next
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-07-31 14:03 PDT by Robert O'Callahan (:roc) (Exited; email my personal email if necessary)
Modified: 2015-10-12 18:26 PDT (History)
101 users (show)
cdiehl: sec‑review+
See Also:
Crash Signature:
(edit)
QA Whiteboard:
Iteration: ---
Points: ---
Has Regression Range: ---
Has STR: ---
25+


Attachments

Description Robert O'Callahan (:roc) (Exited; email my personal email if necessary) 2012-07-31 14:03:04 PDT
Tracking bug.
Comment 1 Marti Raudsepp 2012-08-21 09:27:46 PDT
I have created a MozillaWiki article for the W3C Web Audio API: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Web_Audio_API
Comment 2 Dietrich Ayala (:dietrich) 2012-09-12 11:03:02 PDT
All the child bugs here are fixed. What's the status of this API implementation?
Comment 3 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2012-09-12 11:40:28 PDT
(In reply to comment #2)
> All the child bugs here are fixed. What's the status of this API
> implementation?

It's long ways away.  Not all of the actual portions have been filed now.  I've been mostly filing bugs for things that I have in-flight patches for.
Comment 4 356345635656 2012-11-13 16:44:35 PST
Just wondering... but when will this be avaliable for Firefox users?
Comment 5 Ralph Giles (:rillian) needinfo me 2012-11-13 16:48:18 PST
(In reply to Jessica_XY from comment #4)
> Just wondering... but when will this be avaliable for Firefox users?

There's no particular target set at this point. Sometime next year, probably.
Comment 6 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2012-11-13 17:26:22 PST
(In reply to comment #4)
> Just wondering... but when will this be avaliable for Firefox users?

We're working on it, it's still not clear which version will enable this by default.
Comment 7 Robert O'Callahan (:roc) (Exited; email my personal email if necessary) 2013-02-25 20:10:05 PST
*** Bug 674080 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Comment 8 Chris Jones [:cjones] inactive; ni?/f?/r? if you need me 2013-02-26 00:06:51 PST
Major content use case and needed for competitive parity.
Comment 9 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-02-26 20:14:05 PST
(In reply to comment #8)
> Major content use case and needed for competitive parity.

Do we have a detailed set of requirements for b2g?  Web Audio is a huge API and we're currently working to determine the list of nodes we're going to implement first.  The proposed list is currently available at <https://etherpad.mozilla.org/webaudio> and it would be great if b2g folks could give us feedback on the prioritization proposed there.  Thanks!
Comment 10 Chris Jones [:cjones] inactive; ni?/f?/r? if you need me 2013-02-28 14:45:49 PST
The two use cases I know are very simple.  I'm not an expert on this, so I'm going to wave my hands
 - multi-shot API for playing back sounds (bug 674080).  I don't know how this overlaps with WebAudio, or what nodes that would correspond to.

 - generating infinite sine-wave tones, mixing two tones into one channel, and applying ADSR.  This is used to generate key-pad tones.

Beyond that, b2g is shooting for parity with android audio processing APIs, so that's the next place I would look.
Comment 11 Sotaro Ikeda [:sotaro] 2013-02-28 15:04:16 PST
In b2g, Music and Videp apps can use WebAudio. The apps can play music with audio effect.
Comment 12 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-03-01 10:03:52 PST
(In reply to comment #10)
> The two use cases I know are very simple.  I'm not an expert on this, so I'm
> going to wave my hands
>  - multi-shot API for playing back sounds (bug 674080).  I don't know how this
> overlaps with WebAudio, or what nodes that would correspond to.

In Web Audio you can decode the audio in a buffer and play it as many times as you like.

>  - generating infinite sine-wave tones, mixing two tones into one channel, and
> applying ADSR.  This is used to generate key-pad tones.

Web Audio lets you do that but I think doing that in software for the key-pad tones is a mistake.  We can just record the audio and play it back from a file.

> Beyond that, b2g is shooting for parity with android audio processing APIs, so
> that's the next place I would look.

Which APIs are those exactly?  I'm not familiar with Android audio APIs at all.
Comment 13 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-03-01 10:04:20 PST
(In reply to comment #11)
> In b2g, Music and Videp apps can use WebAudio. The apps can play music with
> audio effect.

What types of effects?
Comment 14 Timothy B. Terriberry (:derf) 2013-03-01 10:16:17 PST
(In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari from comment #12)
> >  - generating infinite sine-wave tones, mixing two tones into one channel, and
> > applying ADSR.  This is used to generate key-pad tones.
> 
> Web Audio lets you do that but I think doing that in software for the
> key-pad tones is a mistake.  We can just record the audio and play it back
> from a file.

If this is for user feedback, you shouldn't use real DTMF tones in the first place. In e.g., WebRTC, the real DTMF data is conveyed in RFC 4733 RTP packets and any tones that are played are just candidates for double-detection and other confusion on the receiving end. So you could even use the same file for every key.
Comment 15 Chris Jones [:cjones] inactive; ni?/f?/r? if you need me 2013-03-01 14:29:50 PST
Yes, the tones are audio played for user feedback, not what's sent over the wire.  I'll have to let the authors of the current code speak to the issues they ran into.
Comment 16 Vilson Vieira 2013-03-15 17:33:06 PDT
I was trying this code snippet with FF Nightly https://gist.github.com/automata/5174277 but I'm getting an error about the number of arguments for mozAudioContext.createBuffer.

Beside this, is anyone working on testing currently Web Audio API spec with the one implemented on FF? Any plans on how to do that? I want to help.

Thanks guys.
Comment 17 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-03-17 13:09:30 PDT
(In reply to Vilson Vieira from comment #16)
> I was trying this code snippet with FF Nightly
> https://gist.github.com/automata/5174277 but I'm getting an error about the
> number of arguments for mozAudioContext.createBuffer.

There are two versions of createBuffer, one which just creates a buffer and one that decodes audio on the main thread.  You're trying to use the second version which we have not implemented yet.  Bug 848652 is on file for that. In the mean time, you can rework your sample to use the asynchronous version of this API, decodeAudioData which we implement and is better since it won't block the main thread any way.

> Beside this, is anyone working on testing currently Web Audio API spec with
> the one implemented on FF? Any plans on how to do that? I want to help.

I am actively involved in the spec discussions.  What kinds of things are you interested to help with?  I'm sure we could use more hands here.  :-)
Comment 18 Vilson Vieira 2013-03-17 20:46:45 PDT
(In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #17) 
> There are two versions of createBuffer, one which just creates a buffer and
> one that decodes audio on the main thread.  You're trying to use the second
> version which we have not implemented yet.  Bug 848652 is on file for that.

Ehsan, thank you, I'll try decodeAudioData instead.

> I am actively involved in the spec discussions.  What kinds of things are
> you interested to help with?  I'm sure we could use more hands here.  :-)

I can help testing the Web Audio API implementation (I don't know what is the best way to do that, maybe trying available examples like http://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/index.html and reporting the status?) and try to help on dev as much as I can. Well, use my hands :-)
Comment 19 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-03-17 21:27:23 PDT
(In reply to comment #18)
> > I am actively involved in the spec discussions.  What kinds of things are
> > you interested to help with?  I'm sure we could use more hands here.  :-)
> 
> I can help testing the Web Audio API implementation (I don't know what is the
> best way to do that, maybe trying available examples like
> http://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/index.html and reporting
> the status?) and try to help on dev as much as I can. Well, use my hands :-)

Testing the existing Web IDL implementation will be a _huge_ help!  Note that at this stage there are large parts of the Web Audio APIs that we don't implement yet.  Unfortunately the best way to tell what has been implemented so far is to look in <http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/webidl/> for files named like [interfaceName].webIDL (for example, <http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/webidl/AudioContext.webidl>) and look at the properties and methods on those interfaces.  Reporting issues caused by things which we are not implementing yet is generally not very helpful since we're already well aware of those, but reporting issues with the things that we currently implement is extremely helpful (bug 846329 is my favorite example so far!)

As far as different node types, we have the DOM bindings implemented for a whole bunch of them, but most are not hooked up to anything yet.  The node types that are currently implemented and should work fine are AudioBufferSourceNode, AudioDestinationNode and AudioGainNode.  More is coming along shortly, of course, so please continue watching this bug.  :-)

If you're interested in hacking on the implementation itself and have experience writing C++ code, please let me know and I would be happy to help you find a good place to start!  And please ask questions if anything is not clear to you.  Thanks!
Comment 20 David Dahl :ddahl 2013-03-19 07:34:41 PDT
(In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #19)
> (In reply to comment #18)
> > > I am actively involved in the spec discussions.  What kinds of things are
> > > you interested to help with?  I'm sure we could use more hands here.  :-)
> > 
> > I can help testing the Web Audio API implementation (I don't know what is the
> > best way to do that, maybe trying available examples like
> > http://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/index.html and reporting
> > the status?) and try to help on dev as much as I can. Well, use my hands :-)
> 
> Testing the existing Web IDL implementation will be a _huge_ help!  Note
> that at this stage there are large parts of the Web Audio APIs that we don't
> implement yet.  Unfortunately the best way to tell what has been implemented
> so far is to look in
> <http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/webidl/> for files named
> like [interfaceName].webIDL (for example,

Are there no mochitests for these APIs? I looked in dom/tests/mochitest/ and could not find anything related to audio.
Comment 21 Andrew McCreight [:mccr8] 2013-03-19 07:51:11 PDT
(In reply to David Dahl :ddahl from comment #20)
> Are there no mochitests for these APIs? I looked in dom/tests/mochitest/ and
> could not find anything related to audio.

content/media/webaudio/test/
Comment 22 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-03-19 07:51:32 PDT
(In reply to comment #20)
> > Testing the existing Web IDL implementation will be a _huge_ help!  Note
> > that at this stage there are large parts of the Web Audio APIs that we don't
> > implement yet.  Unfortunately the best way to tell what has been implemented
> > so far is to look in
> > <http://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/dom/webidl/> for files named
> > like [interfaceName].webIDL (for example,
> 
> Are there no mochitests for these APIs? I looked in dom/tests/mochitest/ and
> could not find anything related to audio.

There are some tests in content/media/webaudio/tests, but we don't have an implementation for ScriptPrpcessoprNode yet, which means that we can't write any interesting tests for now (tests that actually see what the audio graph is outputting.)  I plan on working on ScriptProcessorNode very soon.
Comment 23 Vilson Vieira 2013-03-20 13:44:46 PDT
(In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #19)
> Testing the existing Web IDL implementation will be a _huge_ help!  ...

Ehsan, I am starting to test the IDL implementations. My initial attempt is at https://github.com/automata/webaudio-tests

Currently I am getting: TypeError: context.decodeAudioData is not a function. But looking at AudioContext.webidl, decodeAudioData was implemented. Any suggestions?

BTW maybe this discussion could be more appropriate by IRC/email, so just tell me. I am automata at #media or I can mail you.

> If you're interested in hacking on the implementation itself and have
> experience writing C++ code, please let me know and I would be happy to help
> you find a good place to start!  And please ask questions if anything is not
> clear to you.  Thanks!

I don't have enough experience writing C++ but I can give a try! Thank you!
Comment 24 boblemarin 2013-03-21 00:55:15 PDT
I could get context.decodeAudioData to work with ogg files, while it fails to decode wav audio.

(In reply to Vilson Vieira from comment #23)
> (In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #19)
> > Testing the existing Web IDL implementation will be a _huge_ help!  ...
> 
> Ehsan, I am starting to test the IDL implementations. My initial attempt is
> at https://github.com/automata/webaudio-tests
> 
> Currently I am getting: TypeError: context.decodeAudioData is not a
> function. But looking at AudioContext.webidl, decodeAudioData was
> implemented. Any suggestions?
> 
> BTW maybe this discussion could be more appropriate by IRC/email, so just
> tell me. I am automata at #media or I can mail you.
> 
> > If you're interested in hacking on the implementation itself and have
> > experience writing C++ code, please let me know and I would be happy to help
> > you find a good place to start!  And please ask questions if anything is not
> > clear to you.  Thanks!
> 
> I don't have enough experience writing C++ but I can give a try! Thank you!
Comment 25 Paul Adenot (:padenot) 2013-03-21 01:57:00 PDT
boblemarin, if you can give us a testcase (i.e. a page where you can observe the failure to use decodeAudioData on a .wav file), we could fix it faster, I think.
Comment 26 boblemarin 2013-03-21 02:25:36 PDT
Ooops. My bad, OGG and WAV decoding are working perfectly.
(test case here : http://minimal.be/mozilla/decode/ )
Comment 27 boblemarin 2013-03-21 02:29:14 PDT
Remember to use FirefoxNightly for your tests. The Live channel features a mozAudioContext object that is not functional, but the Nightly channel uses the unprefixed version which has the decodeAudioData method working.
(See my example here: http://minimal.be/mozilla/decode/ )

(In reply to Vilson Vieira from comment #23)
> (In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #19)
> > Testing the existing Web IDL implementation will be a _huge_ help!  ...
> 
> Ehsan, I am starting to test the IDL implementations. My initial attempt is
> at https://github.com/automata/webaudio-tests
> 
> Currently I am getting: TypeError: context.decodeAudioData is not a
> function. But looking at AudioContext.webidl, decodeAudioData was
> implemented. Any suggestions?
> 
> BTW maybe this discussion could be more appropriate by IRC/email, so just
> tell me. I am automata at #media or I can mail you.
> 
> > If you're interested in hacking on the implementation itself and have
> > experience writing C++ code, please let me know and I would be happy to help
> > you find a good place to start!  And please ask questions if anything is not
> > clear to you.  Thanks!
> 
> I don't have enough experience writing C++ but I can give a try! Thank you!
Comment 28 John Drinkwater (:beta) 2013-03-22 08:08:43 PDT
(In reply to boblemarin from comment #26)
> Ooops. My bad, OGG and WAV decoding are working perfectly.
> (test case here : http://minimal.be/mozilla/decode/ )

This causes https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/pending/cfed53a0-f354-438e-8788-00b2c2130322 for me after a few presses of the ‘play ogg’ or ‘play wav’
Comment 29 XtC4UaLL [:xtc4uall] 2013-03-22 09:11:47 PDT
(In reply to John Drinkwater (:beta) from comment #28)
> (In reply to boblemarin from comment #26)
> > Ooops. My bad, OGG and WAV decoding are working perfectly.
> > (test case here : http://minimal.be/mozilla/decode/ )
> 
> This causes
> https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/pending/cfed53a0-f354-438e-8788-
> 00b2c2130322 for me after a few presses of the ‘play ogg’ or ‘play wav’

Filed Bug 853434 yesterday already about that one.
Comment 30 John Drinkwater (:beta) 2013-03-22 09:20:42 PDT
(In reply to XtC4UaLL [:xtc4uall] from comment #29)
> Filed Bug 853434 yesterday already about that one.

ta
Comment 31 Curtis Koenig [:curtisk-use curtis.koenig+bzATgmail.com]] 2013-04-10 14:05:31 PDT
needs fuzzing
Comment 32 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-04-10 21:02:52 PDT
(In reply to comment #31)
> needs fuzzing

Jesse has been doing some of that.  Will definitely need more!
Comment 33 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-05-01 20:33:06 PDT
It would be great if we could relnote this on Aurora once 23 gets there.
Comment 34 Alex Keybl [:akeybl] 2013-05-08 13:20:11 PDT
(In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #33)
> It would be great if we could relnote this on Aurora once 23 gets there.

Is this coded to be disabled on Beta/Release? Or will the whole feature be ready and enabled in FF23 riding the trains.
Comment 35 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-05-08 17:30:19 PDT
(In reply to comment #34)
> (In reply to :Ehsan Akhgari (needinfo? me!) from comment #33)
> > It would be great if we could relnote this on Aurora once 23 gets there.
> 
> Is this coded to be disabled on Beta/Release? Or will the whole feature be
> ready and enabled in FF23 riding the trains.

It's not clear yet, we do have a vehicle for disabling it on Beta/Release if needed, and we'll obviously try to ship it as soon as we can.  But that's besides the point.  What I'm interested in is for this to come up in the list of new things for Aurora 23 so that we can get some developer attention to it.
Comment 36 Lukas Blakk [:lsblakk] use ?needinfo 2013-05-20 15:24:46 PDT
This has been noted in the Aurora 23 release notes:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/23.0a2/auroranotes/

If you would like to make any changes or have questions/concerns please contact me directly.
Comment 37 bigbadotis 2013-06-14 14:52:44 PDT
Hello, I'm getting a sample rate of 48khz in my AudioContext (using the nightly) even if I'm not hooked up to any special audio interfaces. I would expect 44.1... or am I thinking about something wrong? - Charlie
Comment 38 Paul Adenot (:padenot) 2013-06-14 15:06:15 PDT
(In reply to bigbadotis from comment #37)
> Hello, I'm getting a sample rate of 48khz in my AudioContext (using the
> nightly) even if I'm not hooked up to any special audio interfaces. I would
> expect 44.1... or am I thinking about something wrong? - Charlie

Why would you expect 44.1kHz?

The spec does not mandate any particular sample rate. You should always use |AudioContext.sampleRate| to make your calculations anyway, you cannot have guarantees about what the samplerate will be on any particular platform, as it is hardware and OS dependent.
Comment 39 bigbadotis 2013-06-14 15:28:10 PDT
I'm guessing I'm misunderstanding something fundamental here, but, if my DAC is running 44.1, and Firefox is processing at 48, where is the downsampling occurring? Isn't it a 10% efficiency hit if Firefox is processing more samples per second than my computer is outputting via the DAC?

Thanks for any clarification.
Comment 40 Paul Adenot (:padenot) 2013-06-14 15:34:31 PDT
You are perfectly right, and this is an issue we are going to address in the future, but there is only so many hours in a day.
Comment 41 Mike Helland 2013-06-20 13:27:06 PDT
Just downloaded the Nightly. No createOscillator() ? 

I've been wanting to test this app in FireFox:

http://cloudmusiccompany.appspot.com/

Is there a temporary fix for that to begin testing? Thanks.
Comment 42 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-06-20 13:37:25 PDT
(In reply to comment #41)
> Just downloaded the Nightly. No createOscillator() ? 
> 
> I've been wanting to test this app in FireFox:
> 
> http://cloudmusiccompany.appspot.com/
> 
> Is there a temporary fix for that to begin testing? Thanks.

Bug 865253 tracks implementing OscillatorNode.  We hope to land the fix to that bug within the next few days...
Comment 43 Nov_fr 2013-06-26 04:17:05 PDT
Any plans to implement createMediaElementSource ?
Comment 44 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-06-26 07:31:58 PDT
(In reply to comment #43)
> Any plans to implement createMediaElementSource ?

Of course!  See bug 855568.
Comment 45 Martin Best (:mbest) 2013-08-02 16:43:23 PDT
This is currently marked as targeted for Firefox 24.  Am I wrong an thinking this should be updated to reflect the new intention to let it bake a bit longer and ship in 25?
Comment 46 Alex Keybl [:akeybl] 2013-09-02 12:54:32 PDT
Adding the feature keyword so that this bug is properly picked up by the Release Tracking wiki page.
Comment 47 Martin Best (:mbest) 2013-09-13 11:21:04 PDT
Is everything on track to leave this on in Firefox 25 and have it pulled into Firefox 1.2?  The last answer was yes, but I wanted to confirm before Monday.
Comment 48 Paul Adenot (:padenot) 2013-09-13 11:27:16 PDT
I'd say yes, for my blockers. Ralph?
Comment 49 Ralph Giles (:rillian) needinfo me 2013-09-13 11:31:06 PDT
It's going to be close, but I still intend to close by blocker before Monday.
Comment 50 Martin Best (:mbest) 2013-09-17 18:32:13 PDT
Did we make it?
Comment 51 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-09-18 08:27:51 PDT
(In reply to comment #50)
> Did we make it?

Yeah, we'll try to uplift the patches that missed the deadline.
Comment 52 Martin Best (:mbest) 2013-09-21 17:53:40 PDT
Ok great, drop in a comment once the last blocker is confirmed as in both Firefox 25 Desktop and Android along with Firefox 1.2.  If either of those release versions changes, please let me know asap.
Comment 53 :Ehsan Akhgari (out sick) 2013-10-02 07:35:21 PDT
Let's call this fixed.
Comment 54 Mike Helland 2013-10-04 23:23:20 PDT
In case anyone wants to do some performance tests, my app here is updated to work with FireFox's Web Audio API support (trying to keep consistent with iOS 6's Web Audio API in Safari Mobile and FireFox needs basically two interfaces).

http://cloudmusiccompany.appspot.com/
Comment 55 Sergio 2014-01-31 05:20:58 PST
I've been testing WebAudio API on firefox 27 (beta as of today) with audio tag as source [createMediaElementSource(audio_tag)], and after doing that binding, setting the audio_tag.playbackrate during audio execution makes no effect anymore... also, timeudate event is not fired, and the audio tag cursor on the controls stops indicating the current time.

Hope this report helps.
Comment 56 Paul Adenot (:padenot) 2014-01-31 05:28:42 PST
(In reply to Sergio from comment #55)
> I've been testing WebAudio API on firefox 27 (beta as of today) with audio
> tag as source [createMediaElementSource(audio_tag)], and after doing that
> binding, setting the audio_tag.playbackrate during audio execution makes no
> effect anymore... also, timeudate event is not fired, and the audio tag
> cursor on the controls stops indicating the current time.
> 
> Hope this report helps.

I think this (apart from the playback rate thing) has been fixed in current Nightly.
Comment 57 Maire Reavy [:mreavy] (On PTO until July 5th) 2014-01-31 05:39:37 PST
(In reply to Paul Adenot (:padenot) from comment #56)

> I think this (apart from the playback rate thing) has been fixed in current
> Nightly.

It sounds like Sergio is reporting more than one bug here.

Paul -- Is there a bug already tracking some of this?  If so, do you have the bug number?  And is there a fix available that should be uplifted (at least to Fx 28)?  Does the playback rate problem (that you think may not be fixed) also have a bug number, and is it a Web Audio bug or Video/Audio (Media Playback) bug?  Thanks.
Comment 58 Paul Adenot (:padenot) 2014-01-31 06:00:30 PST
(In reply to Maire Reavy [:mreavy] from comment #57)
> (In reply to Paul Adenot (:padenot) from comment #56)
> 
> > I think this (apart from the playback rate thing) has been fixed in current
> > Nightly.
> 
> It sounds like Sergio is reporting more than one bug here.
> 
> Paul -- Is there a bug already tracking some of this?  If so, do you have
> the bug number?  And is there a fix available that should be uplifted (at
> least to Fx 28)?  Does the playback rate problem (that you think may not be
> fixed) also have a bug number, and is it a Web Audio bug or Video/Audio
> (Media Playback) bug?  Thanks.

That would mean uplifting roc's changes in 938022, if not more.

The playbackRate bug is a bug at the barrier between Media Playback and Web Audio. I opened bug 966247 to track this.
Comment 59 Maire Reavy [:mreavy] (On PTO until July 5th) 2014-01-31 06:53:24 PST
(In reply to Paul Adenot (:padenot) from comment #58)
> That would mean uplifting roc's changes in 938022, if not more.

Thanks for the bug number.  The good news is that that fix is already in Fx 28.
> 
> The playbackRate bug is a bug at the barrier between Media Playback and Web 
> Audio. I opened bug 966247 to track this.

Thanks!

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.